Friday, May 2, 2008

Major Drama-rama!!

OMG!! What an interesting and stressful couple of days! So, yesterday at work there is talk about this big important staff meeting that we found out about at the last minute...everyone always thinks the worst when this happens...well, this time we were correct to think the worst b/c our company let go of about 150 workers! Insane! It was awful. Everyone was stressing out, not knowing if they had a job or not, then they go into a meeting and find out will happen to each of them. All of my friends went to their meeting before me (mine wasn't until the end of the day) and almost all of them lost their jobs! This sucks! I have never had a job where I actually was friends with my coworkers outside of work and now I have a lot of friends from work and they were all let go! So, all these awful thoughts are running through my head like "Will I have a job?", "What if I lose it, how will I pay for health insurance for us all?", etc. FINALLY I had my meeting and found out that my job was safe (at least for now, I guess) and that I am to proceed with my job as usual...yeah right! How can I proceed as usual when all my friends just got the ax?!?! So, I'm relieved that I have a job, I guess...mainly for the health insurance and the pay check that we live by! But I feel awful working for a company that let go of many of my friends and I feel they treated them pretty crappy on their last day too! I feel guilty to still have a job and I don't feel like working right now! So, we find out that instead of working on Monday, we have to drive to Tiffin for some meeting all day long...yippee! So, we'll see how that goes. I'm waiting for a huge bomb to be dropped on those of us who still have our jobs! Anyways, I hung out with a few of my friends from work last night (took Kaitlyn w/me) and we chatted about what happened, etc. One of the girls had just gotten home with her newborn and it felt awful that her special day with her new baby had to be ruined by stupid work talk. At any rate, we had a nice time chatting and eating pizza (yum!) and then Kaitlyn started getting fussy, so I thought it was around 7:30 (that's when she usually gets fussy in the evenings) and they said "No, it's 8:30"!!! OMG, I had to hurry up and get Kaitlyn home b/c she was late in eating and getting to bed! Oooopsy! I am a bad Mommy!! :o( So, we're in the car driving back home and Kaitlyn was very P-O'd that I kept her out so late! She was starving and boy, did she let me have it in the car ride home! Screaming! Oh my goodness! She was not a happy camper! I tried singing to her and that helped for a couple minutes, but then it was back to full blast screaming again! Yiiiieeee! So, we finally got home and I fed her and put her to bed and she zonked out in no time! But we were late getting her in bed...darn it, we have a good schedule/routine going now! I don't want to mess it up! Anyways, that's about it...I'm 'working' right now (can't you tell?) and it sucks. No one is actually at work, there is no one to talk to...it feels like a ghost town and it's sad. Blah. I am blah today! And it's raining...go figure! Maybe we'll lose power so I won't have to work anymore! Ha ha...wishful thinking! Well, we're going to attempt to enjoy the weekend! Our Mommy/Baby zoo trip is cancelled b/c of the weather...poo, I was really looking forward to that! Happy weekend!

No comments: