Saturday, November 15, 2008

Beauty Shop Baby!

What a busy week this has been! I've been working a little over time the last few weeks...this is a good time of year for extra money! The bad thing is then it feels like I have NO time for anything but work! I miss spending time with my baby...and updating my blog, of course!

Thursday night Wayne and I got sitter and went to volleyball...super fun! It feels so good to get out and move after a long day of sitting on my bum for work! I thought we'd try having the sitter put Kaitlyn to bed since she's going down earlier now. So I went through all the details of her bed time routine with the sitter (her cousin Amanda), or so I thought! I had bathed her and put her in her jammies before we left, so all the sitter had to to was give her a bottle, take her up to her room, read her bedtime book to her, turn her lulliby's on and turn her light out and then she was out! It worked! She didn't even put up a fight...she just went right to sleep for her! WAHOO! Well, that was a little too good to be true...silly me forgot to mention to the sitter to change her diaper again before bed! So, Kaitlyn woke up and Amanda went to check on her and discovered she was wet! DOH! That's about the time we got home from volleyball, so I ended up putting her back to sleep pretty quickly. So...even though it didn't quite work out, I think it'll work as long as we get that dang diaper changed! So that's good to know!

Earlier in the week Wayne and I had Kaitlyn 'walking' a little bit between us...not quite those exciting first steps, but I think she's getting very close! She'd take a step or two between us without us holding on, but it was more of a 'fall-step' than a real walking step! So, hopefully it won't be too long! I was hoping she'd be walking a bit by her birthday party so we could show everyone all at once...but we'll see what SHE DECIDES to do! She's becoming little Miss Independent lately it seems...she wants nothing to do with me feeding her anymore...not from a spoon, not if I put food in her mouth for her, she won't even let me hold the bottle at all anymore! She's growing up! I don't know if it's because her birthday is coming up or what but I miss having a little newborn baby around! I know what you're thinking...and NO WE ARE SOOOO NOT READY to have another one! Not even close! It's just a little sad because I miss all those new little baby things! But then I just think about getting up every couple hours at night time and getting spit up on all day and then I snap out of it! Ha!

Last night we had a mini-adventure. I had a hair cut appointment right after work and Wayne was supposed to be home to watch Kaitlyn by then, but he wasn't so I took her with me! Yes, to get my hair cut by myself! I wasn't sure how that was going to work...I mean, the sheer logistics of holding an almost toddler on my lap while getting my hair cut baffled me! But when I walked in the ladies who owned the shop were so happy to see Kaitlyn again (the last time I took her she was like a couple months old and slept in her carseat the whole time) and they said it'd be no problem! One of their friends was there waiting also and she was more than happy to hold Kaitlyn while I got my hair cut! Ha! So, Kaitlyn sat on this lady's lap the whole time and was fine with it! She just looked at her books and flirted with the guy who was getting his hair cut! Too cute! So that couldn't have worked out any better...I definitely wouldn't have tried this anywhere but the little beauty shop in Waterville!

We have another busy weekend...actually, the next 2 weeks are going to be insaine! Anyways, tonight after work we're going to a coworkers house for a little house-warming party so that'll be fun. Then it's back home for poker night but we can't stay up too late because we have to go to the early service at church tomorrow for a meeting about the dedication that's the following week! And then Monday we're going to Portrait Innovations for Kaitlyn's birthday and Christmas pictures! See, crazy?! Let the busy holiday season begin!!

PS~ Check the Shutterfly site for new pics later tonight -- and after Monday for the professional pics!!

No comments: