Ok...I'll try to re-cap the craziest weekend of our lives as quickly as possible...but there is so much exciting news to share!! Get comfy...it's going to be a long one! :o)
Saturday Grandma Maloch watched Kaitlyn ALL DAY LONG (Thanks Grandma!!) because I had to work and then we went to my friends wedding. So, I didn't get to see much of the Ohio State/Michigan game, but apparently I didn't miss much of a game because Ohio State CRUSHED Michigan! Wahoo! GO BUCKS!! Wayne and I had a good time at the wedding and then had a little time to kill before the reception so we stopped to find a gift bag for the wedding gift (I ran out of wrapping paper at home!). We went to one place and I got a bag and tissue paper, but then the bag ended up being too small! DOH! So we stopped at another place and I just ended up buying a tube of wrapping paper, scissors and tape (like I need more of those)! You should have seen us trying to wrap this big present in the car...Wayne was holding the gift and I was trying to wrap the paper around it (all in the car) without tearing the paper...maybe you had to be there, but it was really funny! We had a great time at the reception, but we couldn't stay long because we had so much to do to get ready for Sunday! Once we got home Grandma M. and I frosted a billion cupcakes and made some food for the party!!
Sunday morning we had to get up super early to make it to church on time for the baby decication. All the babies looked so cute and I think Kaitlyn was the oldest one there...and of course, the LOUDEST one too! All the other babies were quiet or sleeping and then there was Kaitlyn..."ba ba da da ba ma..."! Even in the dead silence of church while we were all praying she was babbling away! When it was Kaitlyn's turn, we handed her to the pastor and she was fine at first, but then saw us and must have thought "If Mommy and Daddy are over there...then who's holding me?!" and then got a bit fussy! It was really nice though! After the dedication part we took her back to kid-ville for the rest of church. Well, they flashed "Kaitlyn's number" on the screen, which means go back and get your baby because something is wrong! EEEK! I freaked a bit because that was the first time we had been called back...well, it was fine because she just needed her diaper changed...phew! By the time I went back to the service, it was about over, so I missed most of church this week!
After church we rushed home to get everything ready for Kaitlyn's birthday party! Her party was so much fun. Lots of family and friends came and the food was good and we had a great time visiting. We played a little Kaitlyn Trivia game and then I asked everyone to write a little note to Kaitlyn that she'll read on her 16th birthday...I think that'll be really neat! Then we opened presents...she ripped a little bit of the paper, but not much. She did really like one of the curly bows on one gift...it was her favorite thing I think! She got a TON of really cool toys and some cute clothes too! Then it was time for CAKE! She enjoyed a little frosting first and then REALLY got into it! She picked up the whole chocolate cupcake and took a big-ole-bite out of it! Half way through her cake she let out a "Mmmmm" and everyone laughed! Then toward the end she kept saying "Ba ba"...Wayne's brother said that'd be the perfect "Got Milk?" ad! Ha!! Anyways, she loved her cake and she didn't even get TOO messy! After everyone left we played with some of her new toys and she's already getting the hang of some of them! We got her this little piggy bank that you put 'coins' in and she can get the coin in the slot...sometimes anyways! She really likes that! Anyways, it was a wonderful day!!
Finally to Monday! We had to pick Wayne's dad up at the airport in Detroit so we rushed out the door in the morning. Kaitlyn enjoyed riding facing forward in her new car seat too! It was so weird to look back there and actually SEE HER instead of the back of her car seat! She really liked it though! We also stopped to spend some of her bday gift cards and money...we got her a sled for winter!! Very cool, but now I'll have to find her snow pants and boots I guess! While we were at Toys R Us Kaitlyn kept wanting to get down and look at the book racks, so we let her and she was cruising around the store holding our hands a bit...which I thought was weird because lately she wants to drop to her knees and crawl when we try to walk with her. So we let her walk around with us. Well, last night at home she was playing with her Elmo Live and she was really into him...so I thought...hhmmm...let's see if she'll walk to Elmo...well, SHE DID!! That's right folks, we have our OFFICIAL FIRST STEPS...on her birthday none the less!! WAHOO! We'd face her toward the couch (facing Elmo) and walk with her a couple steps and then let go and she'd go a couple on her own! A few times she took 4 or maybe 5 steps and a few times she'd stand there for a while and then step out on her own! YAY! Mommy is very excited now!
Sorry for the novel but there was just so many exciting things this weekend! :o)
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment