This is Kaitlyn's 1st Thanksgiving...kind of weird since she's over a year old now...but last year she was born the Saturday after Thanksgiving and this year her birthday fell before Thanksgiving so it's her last first holiday! :o( Kind of sad! But it's exciting that she'll get to eat what we eat for Thanksgiving...she loves turkey and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes...and maybe I'll even let her try a little pumpkin pie! So that's neat that she'll get to eat with us!
I think her top left tooth has broken through and it looks like the one next to it is trying to come through too...I guess she gets two teeth at a time! She's totally over her cold now too, which is super! She's back to sleeping good again...HALLELUJAH...that's something to be THANKFUL for, that's for sure! She's really enjoying her new toys. She loves her piggy bank and can sometimes get the coins in him and she likes to put her shape blocks in the shape sorter cookie jar...she doesn't put them in the shape holes, but she puts them in the top and takes them back out over and over again! No news on the walking yet...I'm a little bummed because I was so excited for those first steps on Monday, but then last night I tried to get her to do it and she was not interested at all again! :o( So, who knows...I guess they really mean it when they said they'll walk when THEY want to! Ha! She does have a new word though! Now she says "up" to be picked up! It's so cute...it's not as regular as ba ba and da da yet, but she definitely knows it! Kaitlyn's boyfriend can brush his hair now and I had never thought to give Kaitlyn a hair brush before...so after her bath last night I brushed her hair and then gave it to her and she put it right up to her head! So cute!
Well, I think that's the update for today. Grandpa Maloch and Grandma Marti are coming in to town super late tonight! We haven't seen them since Kaitlyn was 6 months old, so we're very excited to see them and show off Kaitlyn's new "tricks"!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! Gobble gobble!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment