Well, technically her birthday isn't 'til Monday...but we're pretending it's tomorrow since that's when her party is! I'm so excited! We're down to crunch time...the cupcakes are made and will be decorated tonight...the gifts are wrapped...we just have to clean up and decorate a little bit and we're all set! I can't believe my little baby is almost one! Where has the last year gone? It seems like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital and introduced her to the dogs! I can still picture everything about that day...getting in the car at the hospital, the rain, Wayne driving extra careful on the way home, the outfit Kaitlyn was wearing and how she looked so teeny in her car seat...oh poo, now I'm gonna cry! Motherhood has turned me into a sappy, over-emotional woman! Ha! At any rate, Kaitlyn has made this the best year of my life, even with all the other chaos that's gone on! Ok...enough of the tear jerker stuff! :o)
Let's see...our date the other night was ok...it was great to spend time together without the baby, but it wasn't a romantic date, that's for sure...dinner at Bob Evans and toy shopping at Target...whoooptie dooo! But it was nice to have a couple baby-free hours anyways...thanks to Auntie Kelly for babysitting! Last night Grandma Maloch came into town so I kept Kaitlyn up an hour past her bedtime to see her...big mistake! Kaitlyn's been a little monster lately anyways because she has a cold AND is cutting a tooth (hooray) so keeping her up and making her more tired was a dumb idea on my part! Grandma enjoyed seeing her...I however, did not enjoy her NOT going to bed after that! She was up 'til like 9:30 and then woke up again at 3am...since she is teething and has a cold I thought it'd be comforting for her to just put her in my bed...ugh...what was I thinking?! She tossed and turned ALL NIGHT LONG...clearly she wasn't able to get comfy...of course not, with a SHARP tooth poking through her gum! So NO ONE got any sleep last night...it's been a long time since that's happened...so hard to do once you're used to sleeping 8 hours in a row!
Well, today is the BIG OSU/MICH game...GO BUCKS!!! My friend Katie (from high school) is also getting married today so that'll be fun! Another night without the baby! :o) Then tomorrow morning we have to be at the church by 8:30...A.M...for Kaitlyn's dedication...not sure how that's going to work, since she doesn't even eat breakfast 'til 8:30...looks like a super early breakfast and a bottle in the car...hopefully she won't spill it on her pretty dress! Then we're rushing home after church to finish getting ready for Kaitilyn's party! I'm just hoping the weird schedule and rushing around won't throw her off her routine too much...don't want a grumpy birthday baby!!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment