Thursday, November 20, 2008

So Close!

WOW! She is getting so close to taking those first steps, I just know it! This morning (on a little break from work) I went downstairs and Ruth and I were walking her back and forth between us. Well, I let go and Ruth was like "Come on!" and Kaitlyn actually stood there by herself for like 15 seconds! Usually, she freaks out and drops to her knees or quickly falls toward the person she's trying to get too. This time she started to drop down (like she squated) and then stood back up on her own and took a little tiny step to Ruth and then fell into her arms! Hooray! So I know she CAN do it if she wanted to...she just seems too nervous or scared about it or something! Crazy kid, walking is fun! So, we'll see! Mommy would be VERY HAPPY if Kaitlyn took those first real steps on her birthday!! :o) Then her and her boyfriend (Gavin) could walk around together holding hands! How cute that'd be! He he!

Let's see...what else?! Tonight Wayne and I get to go on a DATE without the baby! Wahoo! Auntie Kelly is going to watch Kaitlyn so Mommy and Daddy can get a bite to eat and go bowling! We are totally looking forward to that...especially before the weekend madness starts tomorrow! Grandma is coming up tomorrow night to help us get ready for THE BIG PARTY on Sunday! YAY! Speaking of Grandma...this is funny...she read the blog yesterday and saw my joke about Michigan not being able to get through Toledo (you know they lost earlier in the year to UT), well my Mom does not follow football and was like "What happened in Toledo...do you have a foot of snow or something?" Ha ha! Too funny! So we got a lot of good laughs out of that joke from yesterday! Well, nothing else going on...back to work I guess! Is it the weekend yet?!?!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

hehe yes Gavin would love to walk around holding hands with Kaitlyn.. and stealing her food.. and poking her in the eye... and..