Saturday, November 29, 2008

Visiting with Grandpa Maloch & Grandma Marti!

Wow, it has been a crazy busy weekend! Late Wednesday night Grandpa Maloch and Grandma Marti arrived from the U.P. We all enjoyed turkey dinner at our house on Thanksgiving Day and Kaitlyn loved it! She's had all those foods before, but it just felt a little different having her eat all the same foods as us right there in the dining room! She even had a special "Turkey Day" bib to wear! Friday Wayne and I woke up at 4:30am...yes...I said AM...to hit the stores with all the nuts who go out shopping on Black Friday! First we headed to Toys R Us to find a line of people wrapped all the way around the outside of the building...not kidding...we knew it'd be busy, but that was nuts! So we ran to Meijer quickly and by the time we got back to Toys R Us we had no trouble getting in the door! The best part was that we got everything we went there for...this cute little pink Powerwheels for Kaitlyn (Yes, we know it's winter...but at least she'll have it for spring and it was super cheap!) and a little Elmo chair that spins...it's so cute and she LOVES Elmo! The line to check out at Toys R Us wasn't even that bad...I bet we only waited like 15 minutes maybe...not bad at all! Then we ran to Walmart and found everything but one item we wanted and then to Target, but we didn't have any luck there...which was actually a good thing because the line was CRAZY long and we didn't want to wait in it anyways! Our last stop was the Andersons, which was surprisingly NOT busy at all! I'm happy to say that just about all my Christmas shopping is done already, with the exception of stuff for Wayne and a few little items and stocking stuffers...YAY I get to play Santa this year! :o) Friday night Wayne and I joined my Dad and Marti at one of their friends' house for dinner. It was yummy food and good company and of course, the baby performed wonderfully! She kept doing SO BIG and covering her ears and giving 5's to everyone! She even walked around quite a bit (with Mommy's help) and was pretty good, even for staying out so late! Phew!

This morning we all went to Cracker Barrel for brunch and then back to the house for Christmas...yes, we have Thanksgiving and Christmas all at the same time! Ha! So, that was fun...a good warm up to the upcoming holiday season! We all got some really cool stuff...the best part of this holiday season is all the neato toys that Kaitlyn gets that Mommy and Daddy get to play with! He he! Tonight Dad and Marti are visiting with some other friends so Wayne and I are going to poker with Kelly and Micah, so that'll be fun! I'm on baby duty, but hopefully Wayne will win some cash! :o)

In Kaitlyn news...we have 2...yes, TWO...NEW TEETH! Her top left one broke through a couple days ago and I think the one on the right broke through today...or is about to anyways! No wonder she's been a little bit of a crabby pants this week! She's also been doing something new...crawling backwards...when she first started crawling she'd go backwards a little bit, but now she crawls backwards like 10 or 15 feet! Ha! It's so funny! She's really been talking a lot lately too...lots and lots of babbling and she's waving and saying "bye bye" more too! I think the days of our quiet house are over! He he! It's like she has her own little secret baby language! Well, Ms. Fussy Pants calls...time to go!

No comments: