Tuesday, March 24, 2009

16 MONTHS OLD! Where does the time go?!

Another month gone by already! Geeez! Kaitlyn is 16 months old today...2 more months and it'll be time for 18 month pictures!

We had a pretty nice weekend. After church on Sunday we went over to Aunt Ruth's house for Uncle Jim's 50th birthday party. That was pretty fun, however I think that's the first place we've been since Kaitlyn's really been walking that wasn't really babyproofed at all...talk about a job! Geez! So that was busy more than relaxing, but we had a fun time anyways. She kept going in and out of their patio door, which is a little step up for Kaitlyn, so I kept worrying that she'd fall, but she did fine! After the party, Wayne and Kaitlyn went home and I headed to see my friend's baby who is in the hospital...he's 11 months old and has been in the ICU for a week or so now. My friend is doing very well, considering everything that's going on...she's very strong and composed...certainly not how I would expect myself to be. It was pretty hard to look at that little guy hooked up to all sorts of tubes and monitors and such...so weird to see a baby laying there so still. I have to say it really made me thankful that Kaitlyn has been so healthy thus far. I mean really...Kaitlyn is the only 16 month old I know who's only had 1 cold and that's it...we are very blessed and lucky! It also made me think about how trivial our day to day 'problems' are...life COULD be SO much worse...so I'm feeling pretty blessed right now that we're all healthy.

Monday we hosted a play date at our house! It was a bit crazy, but very fun! There were 7 little ones (I think) and Kaitlyn was the only girl! Yup, we need to find her some other little girls to play with! At least she won't have trouble finding a date to the baby-prom! Ha! Kaitlyn was acting kind of funny...she's really into "Meme" (Elmo) right now and she was almost 'guarding' her Elmo chair...like no one else was allowed to sit on him or something! It was a fun time though!

In other news...not too much new. Kaitlyn is definitely working on two molars right now...she is a drooly, warm, snotty nose, chewing on toys and fingers mess. She's also not been eating much lately...I'm thinking because of the teething, but maybe because she's getting to that picky toddler age too? Yesterday and the day before she didn't even want her favorite...goldfish and string cheese! What is this world coming to?! She's also been having a few more tantrums lately when things don't go her way...do the "terrible two's" really start this early? UGH! Well, that's the update for now...check out shutterfly for pictures from the play date...here's a cute one of Kaitlyn!

No comments: