Sunday~ We went to church, ate lunch at Panera, where Kaitlyn used a fork to eat her meal WITHOUT throwing it on the floor...major accomplishment there...she did use her hands too, but I'm happy she didn't launch the fork! My friends Lara and Kristal came over (and Christian too, who is about 10.5 mo. old now) and we had a nice visit while the kids played. Kaitlyn loved all of Christian's hair...it's very curly and he has a ton of it and she was 'petting' his hair! We had a not-so-fun thing happen too...Kaitlyn fell down the stairs! Scared me half to death! We were all upstairs (the kiddo's too) and I turned around for like 2 seconds and she was gone! At least we have a landing, so she only fell half a flight of stairs, but still...made me feel sooo awful and scared and I'm so glad she's ok...not a bump or bruise on her...I didn't know if we should take her to the ER or what...so we watched her and she seemed just fine for the rest of the day...phew! I had the Bad Mommy guilt going like crazy the rest of the day though! :o(
Monday~ Was gorgious out! Kaitlyn and I ran a few errands, visited Daddy at work and then headed to the Toledo Zoo! We met up with one of my friends from a Mom Group and her 2 kiddo's. We went to the aquarium and the bird house first...I put Kaitlyn in this gigantic bird egg, for what I thought would be a cute picture, but she nearly had a meltdown in it...a "scrambled egg" da dum cha! Kaitlyn liked the elephants and monkeys and made the appropriate sounds at each of them! I did have to clue her in on what 'real' ducks look like because real ducks look nothing like rubber ducky ducks! She also pointed out all the 'balls' in each animals cage. I think her favorite animals were the black bears! They were outside and playing with each other and growling and she thought it was very funny! And the best part of the zoo were not REAL animals, but the STATUE of the tigers! Ha ha! She had so much fun playing on it and she pointed out the 'kitty's' nose and fingers and she pet it's belly just like she pets the doggies at home! Very fun! The rest of the day we played outside and took a walk in her pink car. What a nice day!
Tuesday~ Long story, but I ended up taking the day off. Aunt Ruth hurt her knee and is out of commission for a bit (not sure how long, please keep your fingers crossed that it's not too long though) so I got to enjoy another nice day out with the baby! We got a few things done at home, ran some more errands, met Daddy for lunch and then headed to a playground in Waterville. Kaitlyn was not super thrilled to be there because she had napped in the car on the way and didn't get enough sleep in, so she was a little grouchy when she woke up. But we played on the swings and walked around the playground and watched the other kids there play. We ran into Kelly there and she took some pics of us going down the slide together! Then we decided to go to the park for a long walk, but Kaitlyn was less than thrilled to be in the stroller for a long time! I let her walk a bit, but then SPLAT, she fell on the gravel path and that DID NOT feel good! Poor kiddo had a rough few days! So we returned home to wind down another fun day!
So, I think that's it...Kaitlyn has a new tooth now (# 8) and I think she's really starting to work on a molar or two now too...she's super drooly and her fingers are WAY back in her mouth! Check out Shutterfly for lots of pics from our weekend! Here's one from the zoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment