Thursday, March 12, 2009

Monster + Climber = Kaitlyn

So...daylight savings time is great and all...but it must have been invented by someone without kids! Kaitlyn hasn't had too much trouble with it, other than the first night, she went to bed an hour late (which would have been right one time). But bedtime has become quite interesting the last couple of nights! Yesterday she didn't take a nap...at all! She got up at 8:30am and was awake all day long...she was really pretty happy too, which was a welcomed surprise! By dinner time she was starting to get a little fussy and then was dozing off between bites of food! So I thought, "Oh, this will work great...I'll give her a bath and she'll go right to bed early!" Well...not so much! The bath went fine (phew, we're officially over that little fiasco I think) but boy was she a clingy little monster when I went to put her in her crib! That girl can SCREAM! So, I had to go back in and calm her down...she was a snotty nose mess from crying so much. Then I put her down and she screamed again for a minute and then passed out! Poor kiddo was exhausted! So...lesson learned...do whatever it takes to MAKE her have a nap even if she's happy staying awake all day! :o)

Kaitlyn is also becoming quite the little climber. I guess we knew this was coming when she started climbing the stairs a while back! A few weeks ago I caught her standing on the door of the open dishwasher...she also likes to stand on her rocking giraffe and rock (instead of sitting on him). And now she's climbing up on her Elmo chair and standing on it! This is making Mommy (& Daddy too, I think) very nervous! But it is pretty funny to watch...you can almost see the wheels turning in her head as she does it. I just hope she doesn't try to climb out of her crib! Yikes! Here is our silly girl standing on her rocking giraffe...on one leg! Crazy kid!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow that looks dangerous but very cute!!