Thursday, March 26, 2009

Food...who needs it?!

Apparently NOT Kaitlyn, that's who! Poor thing is hardly eating anything these last few days! I'm really hoping it's just because she's working on a couple molars and so she doesn't feel much like eating...hopefully this phase will pass quickly! And of course since she's not eating much, she's not getting to practice with a fork or spoon at all because that just complicates meal time even more! Seriously though...she's hardly touching anything that we give to her...she's still drinking most of her milk and she'll eat fruit usually...but that's about it...not much meat, cheese, snacky foods, and certainly not veggies! I try to tell myself not to worry, that she'll eat when she's hungry, etc...but it sure is hard to throw away her entire meal after she just plays with it! Ugh! On an up note...she hasn't been too much of a monster (yet) with this round of teeth...fussy and clingy, but she's still sleeping fine at night...PHEW!!

In more exciting news...we've been playing with her shape sorter more lately and she's starting to 'get' it I think! She can't decide on her own yet which shapes go in which hole, but if I turn the toy to the appropriate shape hole, she can get it in there. It's kind of funny though because sometimes she'll get frustrated if she can't get the shape in easily...her face scrunches up and her eyebrows turn in and then she throws that shape across the room! Ha ha! She's also been very interested in "dirty" lately...as in any kind of paper laying around. She took the paper receipt out of our stack of library books (you know, it tells you when they are due), crumpled it up, called it "dirty" and took it to the trash can to throw it away! We're going to have to watch where we put anything paper now I guess, or it may end up in the trash! Oooh...that's a good way to get rid of bills we don't want to pay! He he!

We have another exciting weekend ahead of us. My mom is coming into town tomorrow night and will watch Kaitlyn once she gets here so Wayne and I can go see Fireproof...I can't wait! Then she's on baby duty again Saturday while both Wayne and I work. And Sunday is the usual church and brunch and then the girls have a Tastefully Simple party to go to! Hopefully we'll be able to squeeze some shopping in there too! :o)

No comments: