Here's the weekly catch up! Earlier this week we took Kaitlyn swimming! One of our friends has an indoor pool (Yup, right in their house!) so we went over there after work one night. Kaitlyn loved it! She splashed and splashed and even put her face down in the water a few times! That surprised me! I wonder if she can hold her breath?? She didn't come up coughing or anything, so I guess maybe she did for a few seconds? When it was time to get out of the pool she threw a mini-tantrum...even once we changed her out of her wet suit and went back to the pool area to get our stuff, she kept trying to go back to the pool! We gotta get this little fish in a swim class! See pics from that on Shutterfly!
Last night I went to MNO (Mom's Night Out)! We ate at Fat Fish Blue...weird name, but yummy food! They have a comedy club there too, which would be fun to try sometime. It was nice to have a grown up night out again. Wayne did great putting Kaitlyn to bed again...I think he finally has the bedtime routine down with her! We got done with our MNO pretty early and I secretly wanted to go somewhere else to keep my night out going...ha ha...but, I headed home anyways! We just relaxed and watched some basketball on TV. I headed to bed but Wayne stayed up for the end of the Ohio State game...I remember getting woke up by some yelling, which leads me to believe the game didn't turn out so well! :o( Anyways, the "Mom's" group (and some of my friends from work) are coming over Monday for a play date at our house, so I need to get my bum in gear and get some cleaning done this weekend! It looks like it'll be a nice group of kiddo's though...maybe like 10 little ones! Yup, it's gonna be a zoo!
What else is new? Kaitlyn says "shees" now...AKA "shoes"...she goes to the door (where her shoes are), tries to put them on and says "shees"...pretty sure that means she wants to go somewhere! She's been really into her "Meme" (Elmo) chair lately...she'll pick it up and carry it around the house, sit down in it, then move it again! And that things not light! The other day she was 'reading' one of her flap books and she ripped the one flap off...poor kid looked devastated...I thought she was going to cry! So we taped it up and off she went...she LOVES those flap books! Is it wrong of me to want to keep getting the ones from the library so she can rip those ones up instead of ripping ours up? He he!
Well, another fairly busy weekend ahead of us. Work today, then time for a cleaning marathon! Church tomorrow, then a little party at Aunt Ruth's house for Uncle Jim's birthday. Then the play date on Monday and Kaitlyn will be 16 months on Tuesday! Enjoy the weekend!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment