Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Good Laugh!

So, some of you know I chat a lot with other Mom's on babycenter.com. Well, quite a few of the girls on our board are going through some rough & stressful times right now...one baby's in the hospital, others are having car troubles, newborn baby issues, flooding basements, lost jobs...etc...seems like it's just a rough time for everyone right now. I came across this on another board I chat on and thought it was a much needed pick-me-up. It's hysterical to me because Kaitlyn fits almost every single one of these...I could have written this about her...and I actually did add a few at the bottom that they left out! Ha!

The Toddler’s Creed
If it is on, I must turn it off.
If it is off, I must turn it on.
If it is folded, I must unfold it.
If it is a liquid, it must be shaken, then spilled.
If it a solid, it must be crumbled, chewed or smeared.
If it is high, it must be reached.
If it is shelved, it must be unshelved.
If it is pointed, it must be run with at top speed.
If it has leaves, they must be picked.
If it is plugged, it must be unplugged.
If it is not trash, it must be thrown away.
If it is in the trash, it must be removed, inspected, and thrown on the floor.
If it is closed, it must be opened.
If it does not open, it must be screamed at.
If it has drawers, they must be rifled.
If it is a pencil, it must write on the refrigerator, monitor, or table.
If it is full, it will be more interesting emptied.
If it is empty, it will be more interesting full.
If it is a pile of dirt, it must be laid upon.
If it is stroller, it must under no circumstances be ridden in without protest. It must be pushed by me instead.
If it has a flat surface, it must be banged upon.
If Mommy's hands are full, I must be carried.
If Mommy is in a hurry and wants to carry me, I must walk alone.
If it is paper, it must be torn.
If it has buttons, they must be pressed.
If the volume is low, it must go high.
If it is toilet paper, it must be unrolled on the floor.
If it is a drawer, it must be pulled upon.
If it is a toothbrush, it must be inserted into my mouth.
If it has a faucet, it must be turned on at full force.
If it is a phone, I must talk to it.
If it is a bug, it must be swallowed.
If it doesn't stay on my spoon, it must be dropped on the floor.
If it is not food, it must be tasted.
If it is food, it must not be tasted.
If it is dry, it must be made wet with drool, milk, or toilet water.
If it is a carseat, it must be protested with an arched back.
If it is Mommy (or Daddy), it must be hugged.
I am toddler!

Now...I'd like to add a few of my own...

*If I want her to nap in the car, she won't...if I don't want her to nap in the car, she will.
*If it is a flap book (you know, little flaps she opens to see what's under the flap?), all the flaps must be torn out!
*If I'm eating, Kaitlyn must also eat...even if she just finished her own meal...and even if it's something she doesn't like...she must try it and then spit it out at me!
*If my hands are full, If I'm putting Kaitlyn in/out of the carseat, If I'm trying to check out at the grocery store, without fail, my cell phone will ring!
*If we're running late (think Sunday morning on the way to church), you can bet she's going to poop right as we're walking out the door!
*If Kaitlyn is quietly playing on her own with toys and I sneak away to have some computer time, quiet play time will be over and she'll be making every effort to 'type' on the computer with me!

Yup, I think that about covers it! Hope you got a good laugh out of that...I sure did!

No comments: