Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Random Acts of Cuteness!

Just an update on some of the cute things Kaitlyn has been up to lately! She's learned how fun it is to spin around, which is very funny...she'll even try to spin around while sitting on her bottom if we say "spin around" so then we call it break dancing! Ha! She's also learned recently that when she brings you a book to read, she can sit down right next to you...she used to bring a book over and then stand there and wait for you to grab her and sit her down, but now we tell her "sit down" and she scooches her little tush right up next to ours! Now she's doing the same thing with the dogs...she'll take a book over and sit down and scooch right up next to (practically on top of) the dogs...then she opens the book and starts "reading" to them! It is really cute...like she's a little teacher to the dogs or something...Aunt Ruth caught her doing it this morning and she was pointing to some of her body parts while looking at a book, like she was trying to teach the dog body parts or something! Ha ha! They are her own little play mates I guess! She's also been kind of starting to pose for pictures more...I think she knows what the camera means...sometimes though, that back fires and then she quits doing whatever cute thing she's doing. She's also become interested in my face for some reason...I read something about how toddlers like to feel your mouth when you talk...it helps them in their own speech development or something...but then it could be that she's just interested in finding my body parts too, like we do to her. Oh, this is funny too! She loves to lift up Mommy's shirt and point to her "beyi" (that means belly)...well, last night she lifted up my shirt, pointed at my belly button and says "baby"!! I was like UM NO!! NO BABIES IN THERE! Ha ha ha! I corrected her right away on that one!

Wayne and I haven't been up to much really. He got our Play Station fixed so we're back to playing that now...lots of Rock Band lately, which is always fun...and he's been playing Call of Duty more...not so fun! We kind of have a busy weekend/Monday coming up (a couple play dates and doctors appointments) so we're just hanging out these next few days. Wayne is still fighting the cold that Kaitlyn had like 3-4 weeks ago...we all passed it around and he can't seem to get rid of it! On the up side...the sun is out and I think it's like 40 or something outside...woo, heat wave! Break out the shorts and flip flops...I am SOOOO ready for spring!

No comments: