Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper

So yesterday I was vacuuming and Kaitlyn got her little vacuum out and started helping me! It was so cute! She's played with her vacuum before, but never really used it as a vacuum...it's almost too low to the ground for her to push around. But she did it, back and fourth around the kitchen and into the living room. Then she picked it up, carried it over to where my vacuum was and started playing with the cords on it. Now I'm thinking...what other chores can she help with?! If we could get her to fold laundry and put it away, that'd be great! Ha ha!

We also took a trip to the grocery store yesterday, where she surprised me again with her amazing perception! She kept pointing out "Meme" (Elmo balloons at the checkout) and "balls" (anything round, even apples/oranges) and "fish" (goldfish) and "cheese" and "baby"...she notices these things and points them out and it takes me a minute to figure out what she's talking about...it's like she can spot the stuff she knows from a mile away and point it out...especially the goldfish...every time we go to a store anymore she spots their package and almost jumps out of the cart to get them!

Well, Grandma Maloch is on baby duty today...and it sounds like her and Kaitlyn are having a great time playing together. Everything that comes out of Kaitlyn's mouth Grandma laughs at, so of course, that makes her talk even more! I think Grandma must be good luck or something because Kaitlyn ate a good dinner last night and a good breakfast this morning! Hopefully that will continue! Wayne and I saw Fireproof last night...great message...bad acting! Plus we saw it at this little theatre in Maumee (that really old one) and the sound there was horrible! Not to mention the 7 foot tall linebacker sitting in front of me that I could barely see around...I had to lean halfway into Wayne's lap or the seat next to me to see around him! Geez! But it was cheap and the point of the movie was great.

No comments: