Let's see...not much new really. Kaitlyn said "buuurd" (bird) the other day for the first time. I am amazed at how much she's picking up lately word-wise. She's really starting to repeat what we say more and more...time to really watch what we say!! She also calls Elmo "Meme" now...which is pretty cute. She's been saying "Meme" but I haven't been able to figure out what she meant 'til now! Yesterday I picked up a few little things for her for Easter and they have Elmo Easter eggs! They were so cute and she loved them but they were ultra pricey so we settled on the cheapy eggs. I also kept showing her all the Easter stuffed animals and she wanted to keep them all on her lap in the shopping cart! I think we've officially entered the "I want everything" at the toy store phase! Ha! I'd have to take them from her and put them back on the shelves...no meltdowns yet, but I'm sure that day will come soon enough! Ooh...she also learned that it's much funner to stand than sit when rocking on her rocking giraffe! She's quite the little dare devil lately!
Big news on the cloth diapering...yesterday Kaitlyn wore cloth almost all day long! I only used a sposie first thing in the morning (she ALWAYS poops then, so I figured I'd just toss that one and not deal with it in the cloth diaper) and then again on her at bed time! We even ventured out in a cloth diaper to our play date and the store and no leaks! WOOHOO! So we're making some progress! I think Wayne was a little more optimistic about cloth diapering when I told him I only used two disposables that day! I can already picture saving tons of money by doing this! It's actually making me a bit more aware of what we're throwing away in the trash too...so I've kind of been trying to recycle more and use less paper products, etc...not that I'm turning into Ms. Enviromentalist or anything...but helping a little more anyways! I also ordered my first new diaper (all the others have been used so far) and some hemp inserts (which are supposed to be more absorbant) and some liners, so once I get that stuff, I should be good for a little while!
Here's Kaitlyn & Elsa playing on Sunday!

And a picture of Kaitlyn at our play group Monday!

1 comment:
Man oh man she looks like Wayne in that second pic ! (sorry Lori!)
So how did you solve your leaky issues?
Post a Comment