Whew, little Miss Social Butterfly has had a busy couple of days! Friday night we enjoyed a dinner out with Kelly and Micah. Kaitlyn joined us (no sitter!) and was pretty good. She tried out a high chair at the restaurant for the first time...we've been keeping her in her car seat or sitting her on our laps until this. She sat up in it just fine...and I finally got to use my Floppy Seat cover! She looked so little sitting in the big high chair! I gave her a frozen pear cube in her self feeder to keep her busy when we got there...she got a little upset when it all melted away though! After she was 'played-out' with her toys, she thought it'd be fun to play with the plate, packets of butter, silverware, etc...anything in her reach is fair game now! Look out! She really started turning toward me and reaching for me when she wanted to be picked up...it was so adorable...hooray, she loves me! :o) Anyways, just about the time the food was coming she was getting fussy (perfect timing!)...she didn't have that all important afternoon nap. So, she fell asleep on my lap as we all ate...yum, salmon! Then it was back home for some Rock Band...we rocked the house! He he!
Saturday Kaitlyn tried green beans and liked them pretty well, I think. Not much came back out and she didn't seem grumpy about them at all! Phew! Then we met up with one of my old coworkers - Rachel. We were supposed to take her swimming, but the thunderstorm put the kabosh on that idea! So, we just stayed in and visited...Kaitlyn especially enjoyed her kitty and fishies! We got soaked on our way to the car and barely made it home in time for her dinner! Then it was time for another play date! My friend Kristal came over with her son Christian, who is just 7 weeks old and oh so cute! He makes Kaitlyn seem so big and grown up! I definitely appreciate that Kaitlyn doesn't eat every hour or two anymore! It's so nice that she can play and entertain herself for a little while! But the babies had a fun play date...if you want to call it that...they slept for most of it because it was bedtime. Oh, two of Wayne's brothers came in town last night too, so Kaitlyn got passed around to all the family she doesn't get to see much! Poker was fun...I'm proud to say that I won 50 bucks and Wayne won 40 bucks!! Hooray...spending money for Gatlinburg in a couple weeks!
This morning all the guys are out golfing (aka goofing) so Kaitlyn and I have the house to ourselves. She took an AWESOME two and a half hour nap this morning...that is unheard of!! Usually she sleeps an hour and a half, max. So, I had all sorts of time to shower, watch some tv, do some housework...it was nice and quiet around here! Aaahhhhh.... :o)
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment