I'm baaack! I didn't go MIA...our computer has a stupid virus so we can't even turn the dang thing on! So annoying! That should be getting fixed soon though! And of course, my work computer blocks EVERYTHING! It didn't dawn on me 'til today to use Wayne's Dad's computer...duh! So, here I am!
So, the good news is that I think Kaitlyn understands object permanence...when Mommy goes away, she still exists, even if she can't see her...the bad news, however, is that she gets it at bedtime! Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights she'd cry when we put her down to bed...and if she didn't do that, she'd wake up screaming and crying MULTIPLE times in the middle of the night! Eeeek! Where did my wonderful, easy going, sleep through the night baby go?? So, after MULTIPLE tries of patting her, sshhhsshhhing her, rocking her, pacifying her, lulliby's, etc...we give in and she ends up in our bed! I know, I know...this is only going to make it worse! But, in the words of my hubby, "Let's break this habit on a weekend when we don't have to get up for work"!! Ha ha! Not that it's going to fix itself in a day or two...but still! At 3:30 in the morning when all you want to do is sleep...sometimes you take the easy way out and do what works! I really don't want her to 'cry it out' like some suggest...I can't stand it when she cries for a few minutes, how would I let her cry for an hour?! Not going to happen! So, any suggestions out there are much appreciated! Last night I was so frustrated and upset because this was the first time that I didn't know what to do...I didn't know how to calm her down or how to get her back to sleep or what was the correct thing to do...I just didn't know and that was the first time I felt that way! So far, Kaitlyn has been such an easy baby (hallelujah!) and we haven't really been 'tested' until the last 3 nights...so...now I'm just trying to anticipate waking up in the middle of the night again, so maybe if I expect it, it won't be so bad! But we've gotten so used to sleeping long hours now that it's hard to go back to getting up at night. Last night Wayne says, "Maybe we should give her a bottle"...to which I said, "Are you nuts? That'll just start her feeding in the middle of the night again! NO WAY!!" Anyways, I just hope this is a SHORT phase that will pass VERY SOON!! Keep your fingers crossed!
Let's see...what else did we do this week?? Wednesday night I gave Kaitlyn these Gerber Puff things...banana flavored little finger foods that dissolve in her mouth...boy, did she make some awful looking faces! I don't think she minded the taste, but that was the first hard textured food she's had...I think that threw her for a loop! Anyways, these are supposed to help teach her to feed herself, which she didn't get (I'm not sure she knew she was supposed to eat something hard), so I ended up feeding a few to her! I laughed so hard at her funny faces though...soon to come on the Shutterfly site. I also joined another Mom from work and we took the kids strollering...and got soaked! It started sprinkling when we were farthest away from our cars (of course!) so we headed back to the cars and picked up the pace...well, before we knew it, it was pouring! The babies were dry because they both had canopy's on their strollers...but the Mommy's were drenched! But, it was fun and at least it was warm out! Tommorow may be another rainy excursion...some Mom's from work are meeting up at the zoo with the babies (yes, Wayne & I were just there - because Wayne wanted to take her for the first time, before I went with the girls!) but it's supposed to rain, so who knows. Tommorow will be a very busy day because we also have a play date with Mr. Gavin!! YAY! The kids will finally be old enough to actually play together instead of nap together! I am anticipating some super cute pictures, so stay tuned! :o)
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment