Happy 1st Father's Day to Wayne (and Happy 28th Father's Day to my Daddy too)!! I'll recap the weekend and then get to today! So, Friday Wayne "made" me play hookey from work so that I could work our garage sale with him! Yup, he twisted my arm so hard and made me call off! Can you believe that?! So, I did...and we had a lot of fun! This weekend was the Annual Waterville Community Garage Sale and this was the first year we participated in it...it was a lot of work setting up and organizing it, but it was totally worth it! Anyways, we got everything set up in the morning and Wayne was reading through the flyer that lists what people are selling and he saw one house had a jogging stroller for sale!! OH BOY, I have been wanting on of those for a while now, but never wanted to pay full price for it! So, I left to go find it and as I was walking up to the house I could see that it was still there...yes! I thought for sure it'd be mine! Well, another lady was looking at it too and apparently there was a lady on the phone who wanted it too b/c the homeowner came out and said "sold"!! RATS! So, I missed out on that deal. I stopped at another one quickly on the way home and got a few goodies, but not the one I was hoping for! Anyways, back to our own garage sale and then it started storming...we had to shut the garage b/c all our stuff was getting wet...kind of hard to have a garage sale when the door is shut! Ha! Thankfully, that only lasted 15 minutes or so and then we were back in business! So, that was a fun day together. Kaitlyn just sat in her exersaucer in the garage with us and we'd take her for "car rides" in her little pink car...she was really good all day long!
Saturday was more garage sale-ing...Wayne worked ours while me and Kelly and her sister went out to look for deals and boy, did we find some! I got a couple really nice outfits for Kaitlyn for next year (they looked almost brand new), a couple little toys, a super deal on brand new Tupperware and...A JOGGING STROLLER! Yup, we came across another one on Saturday and it was nice and $35 cheaper than the one I'd seen the day before! SWEET! So, I scarfed that one up super fast before anyone else could steal it away from me! So, that TOTALLY made my day! Anyways, we were gone most of the day and I have a nice sunburn to prove it! We got home and had to clean up from our own garage sale and then had some yardwork to do...never fun when you are already exhausted and sunburned! We were then ready to crash...but crash we couldn't b/c Kaitlyn had other plans for us! She went to bed like normal, but then woke up around midnight or something...I got up a few times to try to pat her back to sleep, but she was more interested in playing than sleeping...so Wayne went in for her (which ALWAYS means she'll end up in bed with us...urgh). She was a little fussy, but it was like she just wanted to play! But Mommy and Daddy were so tired! So, she sat up until she fell asleep again! Ha! But, none of us sleep well when Kaitlyn's in bed with us, so we woke up a little tired this morning.
Sunday was the usual housework, etc...Wayne and some guy he knows are finishing the garage...drywall and texture and painting, etc...that'll be nice when it's done! Kaitlyn and I had some last minute shopping to do this morning for Father's Day (yes, we waited 'til the last minute, but we were busy garage sale-ing)!! We didn't do anything big...we got Wayne a bunch of goodies/treats for the basement, since that's his new 'man cave' and now he rarely seems to leave it! Ha! And some organizing racks for his soon to be finished garage...Wayne needs all the help he can get in the organization department! :o) And of course, a couple of Father's Day cards...Kaitlyn 'signed' her name with my help and drew some scribbles on her card too...very cute!
So, that was our weekend. No news with the teeth yet...we can see two of them underneath her gums, but they don't seem to be poking through yet. I wish they would! She's really starting to develope a personality lately...she is usually very happy and smiley and laid back...and I think she likes to flirt with people...and she likes to be the center of attention! Tonight she was jumping around in her exersaucer and she looked at Wayne's Dad, then at me and then at Wayne...as if to say "You guys are all watching me, aren't you?" Ha ha ha...it was so funny...like I could totally tell what she was thinking or something! So, it's fun to see that little personality develope. On the food front...oatmeal is yummy, sweet potatoes are good, bananas are yummmmmy and avacado is eh...not her favorite food, but she'll eat it if she has too! The last couple days I mixed it in her sweet potatoes so we could hurry up and get it in her! She has been a little monster when it comes to eating lately! The spoon is fine, but she doesn't want to sit still long enough to have the whole bottle! She's been doing really well with holding it lately, but halfway through it, she starts fussing and squirming around and trying to slide off my lap...geesh, just sit still already! She truely is becoming our little 'busy body'! Ok, I think this is plenty long enough...sorry!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment