Monday, June 9, 2008

A Weekend of 1st's!

Whew, what a weekend! Friday night we had a huge storm at our house...tornado sirens went off and everything!! Scary! Wayne and I were looking out our window and actually saw a tornado starting to form in the corn field across the street! It was nuts! A huge vertical cloud of wind! But then it fell apart...phew, because it was right near us! Yikes! Anyways, Kaitlyn's bedtime got pushed back that night because we were hiding out in our basement 'til the storm was over! So that was a little crazy!

Saturday was a little busy. We decided to have a cookout, so I was busy cleaning and getting the food ready. I made Kaitlyn's new food for the week...avacado's! I know I know...that's a weird food...but they are very nutritious and the Super Baby Foods book I have highly recommends them as a first food for baby! So, Kaitlyn tried them...and was not as pleased as she was with the sweet potatoes! She kept spitting them back out of her mouth, dribbling onto her chin, bib, clothes, etc...avacado was everywhere...we could have made Kaitlyn into guacamole! Ha! Anyways, we kept trying and she finally ate most of her serving. So, that was interesting...check out the Shutterfly site for some funny avacado pics! He he! She also tried the sippy cup for the first time! She couldn't quite figure out that it was supposed to go into her mouth, but with help she got it there! She's never had plain water before, so I wonder if that threw her for a loop maybe! So, then my mom came up for the weekend cookout and helped watch Kaitlyn and helped us get ready for the cookout...hooray for help!! Grandma was impressed with Kaitlyn's new sitting capabilities! The cookout was fun...lots of yummy food and friends and Rock Band and poker! Thankfully Kaitlyn wasn't fussy at all that night and went to sleep really well too...and STAYED asleep even with all the party noise! Phew!

Sunday was another fun day. Grandma Maloch, Kaitlyn and I shopped 'til we dropped...again...we have a shopping addiction, I know...and we decided that Kaitlyn definitely got the shopping gene from my side of the family! She is so good when we're out! We ate lunch at Olive Garden (YUM, right?!) and I spoon fed Kaitlyn her avacado there (first time spoon feeding her in public)...I was nervous about how she'd do...I certainly didn't want her going "pppbbbssstttt" in the restaurant with avacado spraying all over the diners! But she did good. She actually ate more of her avacado Sunday then she did the day before! So, hopefully she's aquiring the taste for it! Then it was off to Babies R Us...our favorite store! I got Kaitlyn a self feeder, another pack of sippy cups, some whole grain oatmeal, some diaper inserts because she potty's a lot at night time, a new bathing suit for next summer (hopefully I guessed the right size) and an adorable sundress for next summer too! We looked at the toys and she was just screaming in delight while we were looking...thank goodness we were in a kids store because anywhere else I would have felt just awful for the loudness! Kaitlyn picked out these little ball toys that she can roll around on the floor...kind of fun! Then it was off to Kohl's for some more good deals on clothes for Kaitlyn! Funny thing happened here...this woman asked how old Kaitlyn was and I told her about 6 1/2 months...she said, "Wow! She's so big!" I was like what! Kaitlyn isn't big at all...I don't think! Too funny! Then we were dying of thirst and Kaitlyn was ready to eat again by then, so we ran into Panera to get a drink and feed her. Note to self (and other Mommy's): Panera is a super place to feed a baby...they have a few nice cushiony chairs there...not like dinner table chairs...but like lazy boy chairs (only I don't think they recline). Any who...then one more stop to Once Upon a Child...I found a super cheap baby back pack carrier thingy! I can't wait to try it out hiking or something!! Yay!

So, then it was finally back home. I think I noticed Kaitlyn's bottom teeth possibly starting to come up...not through her gums, but her gums look whiter and you can kind of see the outline of some teeth underneath! So, that's exciting...I think! I let Kaitlyn try her new self feeder with a frozen sweet potato cube...she loved it! She needed help keeping it in her mouth, but she did pretty well...she just chewed the heck out of that thing! Ha!

So, that was our weekend! A lot of new things for Kaitlyn, which is always fun to see! Sorry I wrote a novel again! :o)

No comments: