Friday, June 20, 2008

The Miracle Dinner!

Well, last night was great! I'm sure this isn't too exciting for all of you reading this, but I'm happy to report that Kaitlyn ate all her avacado last night without spitting it back out or making funny faces! In fact, she took it all in pretty quickly! Wahoo, I think maybe she's starting to like it! I guess you really do need to introduce foods over and over and over to give them a chance to like new foods! So, that made my day. After the avacado, I gave her a sweet potato cube in her self feeder and she seemed to suddenly figure that out too! She liked chomping on it before, but she never really understood that it was a SELF feeder...I usually had to help her hold it. But last night she held the handle on her own and kept taking it out of her mouth and then putting it back in...I think she's getting the hang of it! So, that's exciting! She was really going to town on it...then she started getting frustrated at the end when it was all gone and she couldn't figure out how to get more sweet potato in her mouth! Ha ha! Tomorrow, I think we'll try green beans for the first time...they are my favorite veggie...hopefully Kaitlyn will like them too!

Well, tonight is supposed to be our fancy date night with Kelly and Micah, but we can't find a babysitter! Darn it! Does anyone want to babysit??!! :o) So, we may end up making it more of a baby friendly double date night...as in a more kid friendly restaurant and an earlier eating time! But, that's ok! It's always fun to take Kaitlyn out with us...however, it would be nice to have a night out! :o) TGIF everyone!!

No comments: