Sunday, June 1, 2008

Eventful Weekend for Kaitlyn!

Wow! I will try to not make this as long as the last few posts! :o) Friday, Kaitlyn tried Sweet Potatoes for the first time! She wasn't super thrilled about them, but she didn't hate them either...I guess she just thought they were so so. She seemed more interested in them on Saturday, so maybe it takes a little time to get used to a new flavor! Still, more went in than came out...that's always a good thing! Friday night, not so good...for some reason Kaitlyn didn't want any part of going to sleep! She was pretty wide awake and every time I put her down she cried...unusual because usually she just falls asleep without too much trouble. So, the first attempt was around 9pm (usual bedtime)...but she kept waking up and crying like she was scared or lonely or something...I'm thinking separation anxiety maybe?? Anyways, we finally gave up around 1am...not sure which attempt that was...lost track by that point! Wayne went in and got her and finally put her in bed with us...not my favorite thing to do, but it's a last resort to getting a little bit of sleep! Well, she was wide awake then and wanted to sit up and play! So, we layed there, Kaitlyn sat up in bed and finally around 2am or so Wayne noticed that Kaitlyn was slumped over sleeping sitting up! Ha ha...I wish he would have woke me up to see that...well, not really...I like my sleep...but he should have taken a picture for me! Ha ha! So, it was a rough night, but we made it!

Saturday was the usual cleaning and errand running. I was nervous for Saturday night (after a night like the one before!), but she went to bed just fine...PHEW! Then it was time for poker (and some Rock Band) which is always a good time. Kaitlyn slept through the night...I appreciated it even more when I woke up this morning after Friday night!

Today we tried Kaitlyn's bikini on...too cute! It barely fits...it says it goes up to 18 lbs and she is only 16 lbs 5.5 oz, but it was snug! Wayne was not thrilled to see his daughter in a bikini...I said at least she's not running around naked! :o) We bought a little blow up froggy pool and it is adorable! Kaitlyn loved it! She hasn't been too active at bath time yet, but boy did she splash a lot in the pool! She played with these little cups pouring the water out and banging them against the pool. It also has a little built in fountain thingy that sprinkled water on her...that was kind of cold, but she didn't seem to mind. She was sitting up pretty well, so we took our hands off her for a while...she fell backwards once and was laying in the water, but she didn't seem to care! It was only a few inches deep so it didn't go over her face or anything...she kind of liked it I think! So, that was fun!

Today I'm am making a batch of her sweet potatoes for the first time...I wanted to give her jar ones first, just because I wasn't sure of the consistency to make them...but I'll give it a whirl...hopefully she'll like Mommy's cooking! Take a look at the Shutterfly site for the swimming pictures! Enjoy! :o)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love Kaitlyn's bikini (since we picked it out together)! Where did you get the pool anyway? Too cute! Maybe they are both teething cuz his nights have been horrible lately!!!