Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Very Busy Day for Kaitlyn!

Wow-weeey, what a busy day yesterday was! Friday night I was determined not to let Kaitlyn sleep in our bed, so every time our little night owl woke up crying I just patted her, rocked her, etc. etc. to try to get her back to sleep...well, that didn't work so well...she first woke up at like 1:30am and then about every 20-30 minutes after that we were up trying to get her back to sleep! URGH! So, when the alarm went off on Saturday morning, I hit snooze litterally 6 times and got up almost an hour later than I should have! So it was rush rush rush to get Kaitlyn and myself ready for our zoo trip. We met up with 2 Mom's from work. Their babies were 18 months and 15 months and so cute! Kaitlyn actually saw a lot more animals this time around I think. She only napped about 20 minutes or so while we were there. We had a great time, until it started pouring...another rainy excursion with the babies! Geesh! So, we tried to run back to the car between downpours and we didn't get too wet, until we reached the parking lot, which was super flooded! So, my shoes are now squishy soaking wet! But we had a good time anyways. Then it was home to pick up Daddy and get to our next play date at Gavin's house! What a fun time the babies had!! They really played with each other this time instead of just sleeping! We sat them down on a blanket with some toys and they just looked at each other and smiled and pulled at each other clothes. Daddy thought Kaitlyn was a little too young to be playing with boys in this way! Then they started swatting at each other faces, trying to touch each other, which was cute, but we didn't want any eyes getting poked out so we thought we better move them farther apart! Gavin ended up on his belly creeping backwards (too cute) and Kaitlyn was stuck on her back like a turtle on it's shell! Kaitlyn got to try out Gavin's tree swing and she loved it! Too bad we don't have anywhere to put one of those! We took the babies for a walk and then it was dinner time! Kaitlyn got to sit in Gavin's high chair, which is much larger than ours, and she looked so tiny in it! The tray was up so high on her that she didn't really have to hold her bottle...she could just let it rest on the tray...which made it nice and easy for her to fall asleep feeding herself! So, the girls and babies had lots of fun while the guys were working...Wayne put a new back door in for them and Justin was fixing our bugged computer (thank you for saving the day!). So, that was a fun outing. Then it was off to Kelly and Micah's for a Rock Band party! Kaitlyn and I were so tired by the time we got there, but we wanted to rock so we both fought to stay awake! Kaitlyn stood and danced to the music and then I put her down on her belly and she was really trying to crawl!! I still have to scoot her knees underneath her, but once she's up on all fours she rocks and then lifted her knee off the ground and scooted forward a little bit! Oh, I can't wait 'til she can do it totally on her own! Look out world...Kaitlyn will soon be mobile! So, then it was back to our house for poker night. I was so tired I didn't feel much like playing, but the boys made me! Any who...after such a long, exciting, tiring day my hopes were up that Kaitlyn would sleep all night...and then they were shot down in the blink of an eye! Up at 12:30 and then who knows how much after that because I lost track! Wayne finally came in around 2 or something and took her so I could try to sleep, but I could still hear her crying and then he brought her in bed with us, but I was too tired to care! So...I feel like we're back to square one with this whole sleeping thing! So frustrating! What do we do?!?!

No comments: