Last night I had Kaitlyn on her tummy and thought it'd be fun to put her on her hands and knee's...maybe it'll give her the idea to crawl eventually. So she pushed up on her hands and I tucked her legs under her butt...the first couple of times she 'face planted' a little bit! Not hard or anything (I'm not that mean!)...then after that she figured that she has to stay up on her arms too. So, she'd stay up for a little bit, then her knee's would slide out from under her and she'd go back down...she finally started staying up a bit longer and she even rocked back and fourth a little bit, but then her knee's would slide out again. So, hopefully she'll be able to do it on her own eventually! But it was fun seeing her little baby butt up in the air like that!
So this morning we thought it'd be fun to take Kaitlyn to the zoo for the first time...FYI...Monday's at the Toledo Zoo are FREE!! So, we get ourselves ready to go, get Kaitlyn ready to go, feed her breakfast, pack the diaper bag, get the stroller packed, clean up the cat puke on the kitchen floor (ugh!), slather suntan lotion on the baby, change Kaitlyn's poopy diaper (because you know she always poops right when you're about to go somewhere, especially if you're running late), get in the car, get back out of the car because we forgot Kaitlyn's sun-hat, and finally we were on the road to the zoo! Just getting there was a job in itself! We ended up buying a zoo membership, which should save us money in the long run...I'm already going again with some other Mom's this Saturday and we always go to the Zoo Lights too, plus members get free parking...anyways...the Zoo was literally a ZOO today...there must have been a zillion little kids there! I felt like I was in an awful game of bumper cars with the stroller! But we still had a fun time. I think Kaitlyn enjoyed watching all the little kids more than seeing the animals...the only ones she really looked at were the goats in the petting zoo because they were the only thing down at her eye level. But she got to 'ride' the famous concrete elephant that we ALL rode when we were kids...even have pictures to prove it...and of course we had to take Kaitlyn's picture on it too! So that was fun. By the time we got to the giraffe's she was sound asleep in her stroller...that's what we get for taking her during nap time! But she was great...she just took in all the sites and was busy busy busy looking at everything. I took a few pictures, but they changed the Shutterfly site that I use and for some reason the descriptions of the pics don't show up anymore! URGH! So, I'm trying to figure that one out...go figure, just when I finally learn how to use the thing, they have to go and change it! So, there are pictures and titles, but no descriptions. So that was our fun day! :o)
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment