What a little talker Kaitlyn has turned into! Not words, of course, but lots of babbling and screeching lately! Yesterday we were sitting outside while Wayne was mowing the grass and I'm sure I heard Kaitlyn say "Ba ba"!! She's always been very talkative, but usually vowel sounds (iiieee, aaaeee, heeyyy) and not so many hard sounds until the last couple of days. Oh boy, Ma ma and Da da are right around the corner hopefully!! I can't wait! Every time I'd say Ma ma or Da da she'd really watch my mouth like she was trying so hard to figure it out! She was concentrating so hard -- I could see the wheels turning in her head! So, that was fun.
Our weekend wasn't too eventful. Yesterday we went to church with Kelly & Micah for the first time and it was nice. Kaitlyn was wonderful -- she slept through the entire service! We checked out the baby room for future visits and it was really nice. All the little babies were toddling around and were so cute! We went out to lunch afterwards and Kaitlyn tried yellow summer squash for the first time -- no problem, she likes it! Yay! We also did a little more clothes shopping for her too. I think we're just about stocked up for the next year! And I found her a cute little caterpillar piano thingy that she likes. It plays lots of songs and lights up -- Wayne commented about how I pick out noisy toys, but Kaitlyn really likes it! On the 'south end' she has a little bum rash that looks awful! She's been a bit 'backed up' the last couple weeks. We finally got things moving this weekend, but now her bum is all irritated and it was even bleeding a little bit! Poor baby butt! Hopefully the butt rub will make that go away fast!
So this morning I needed to get in the shower (which I normally do while Kaitlyn naps), but Kaitlyn did not want to sleep at all! So, I put her in the laundry basket on top of some clothes and put a few toys in there with her and scooted her into the bathroom! Ha ha! Hey, it worked! She stayed put 'til I got out of the shower! She's starting to scoot/creep a little bit more when she does her 'baby push ups' now -- going backwards though! But at least she's getting mobile! Well, that's about it on our end I guess! Happy Monday -- blah, I need another vacation! :o)
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment