Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Fun Night Out!

Last night we got to get away!! YAY! Wayne and I joined Kelly and Micah (and Chris and Danielle came too) for a nice dinner out. We planned to go to Rosie's, but they were booked 'til like 8:30pm so we said forget that! So we went to Carabba's and it was YUMMY! Then it was off to do some go-karting and mini-golf, which I totally rocked at! :o) I've been having good luck with fast go-karts lately because I flew past everyone last night too! The only problem is that my back bone is all bruised up from the unpadded seat! OUCH! Then we played a round of mini-golf and the guys wanted to play for 50 cents a hole (normally I don't go for this, but everyone else did, so they made me). Well, it was a good thing because I got 3 hole-in-ones and I ended up winning like 10 bucks or something! Wahoo! So that was cool! Then it was back to Justin and Amanda's to pick Kaitlyn up (THANKS SO MUCH again for watching her!!!) and they said she was really good -- phew! I'd hate to have her turn into the Kaitlyn Monster while being watched by someone else! So that was a relief! She was totally wide awake when we picked her up around 10:15 or so and she was having fun being entertained by Danielle on the way back home, so she was still wide awake at like 10:45 when we got home! So much for bedtime last night! But I changed her diaper, layed her in her crib and she was out in about 10 minutes on her own -- no rocking or anything! YAY! So, that was so fun to get away, but I missed playing with Kaitlyn last night! After work today, Wayne and I may take her swimming at this lady's house that Wayne cuts grass for so that'll be fun -- and a nice way to cool off from this crazy HOT weather! This morning Kaitlyn woke up before my alarm went off so I put her in bed with us and tried to doze some more, but she didn't want to be quiet any longer -- she kept going "pppbbbsssttt" and getting slobber all over me! Ha ha! Then she got on her belly and was really trying to get up on her hands and knees -- so funny to watch this process -- she can push up well on her hands -- and she can work to get her knees underneath her bottom -- but she can't do them both at the same time! If she's up on her knees, her head is in the blankets! I'm sure she'll get it figured out sooner or later though, it's just funny to watch her put all this effort into it and not get anywhere! Well, that's all for now. Hopefully I'll have some time to put some new pictures up this weekend! And I need to have a marathon baby food making day soon too! Hooray the weekend is almost here! :o)

No comments: