So, little Miss Kaitlyn has decided that she doesn't need to be on her tummy anymore! Everytime I put her down on the floor on her belly, she just pushes herself right up to sitting! Ha ha! She's solved the "I hate tummy time" problem! But...she still isn't crawling all over the place yet, so now I think she's content to sit upright instead of learning to crawl! Oh no! But she is starting to go forward more and move her hands more so that's good. She's always so proud of herself when she pushes up on all fours and sits up...she has the BIGGEST smile on her face...her little nose wrinkles up because she's smiling so big! Too cute!
Our weekend was nice. Wayne got our bathroom finished! We now have new tile on the floor and a beautiful new vanity in our bathroom! Yay! We got lots of cleaning and laundry done again this weekend -- always nice to be productive! Saturday we went to this car show in Waterville and it was near the library so we walked in and got a few books. Then we had a few people over for a cookout before poker. Kelly brought a cookie cake to celebrate Kaitlyn's 8 month birthday -- thanks Kelly!! The neighbor girls came over with their doll babies and played with Kaitlyn. She was so amused by the dolls! I think she thought they were her real life baby friends! Ha ha! But they were all cute playing together. The food was yummy and poker was fun too! We hadn't played in a while, so it was nice to catch up with everyone. Oh, and we played Bocce ball -- my first time for that -- kind of hard to do when you're holding a baby, so Kaitlyn got passed around a bunch! Thank goodness she is so social!
We're proud to say that even though we were up late Saturday night we still made it up in time for church on Sunday!! We took Kaitlyn back to the baby nursery for the first time -- that was so weird! We've never dropped her off anywhere like a daycare or anything -- the closest thing was when she went to Gavin's while we went out! So it was a little hard leaving her there! Anyway, when we were on our way back to the nursery we ran into a guy I grew up with! CRAZY! His family lived right across the street from us growing up so we played together a lot and I haven't seen him in probably like 10 years or something! So that was fun to catch up. He thought Kaitlyn was beautiful and thought it was weird to see me with a baby of my own! Ha ha! After church we had spaghetti with Kelly and Micah and then it was back home to relax and clean up a bit.
The last couple nights Kaitlyn's slept pretty well, so who knows what the heck is going on with that! Some nights are great and other nights she's a little monster! I started reading a 'sleep issues' book so maybe that'll give us some good ideas on how to solve this little problem. This morning I took Kaitlyn for a walk to the park and she tried out the baby swing again. She really likes swinging! I took my camera but totally forgot that I took the battery out to charge! DUH! I did add a few pictures from last week and the weekend to the Shutterfly site. Enjoy! Ok, I think this is long enough! Sorry!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment