
And this one I took of her last week! I'm amazed at how much she has changed in just 8 quick months!! And we still have years ahead of us!! I can't begin to think of what she'll look like when she's like 3 years old!
Anyways! Not a whole lot new lately. Kaitlyn has been busy figuring out this new crawling thing! If only we could get the dogs and cats to cooperate...she loves to look at them and I can see her thinking about how she'd like to chase them around the house! Last night she went from all fours to sitting up a few times! You'd think that all her hard work during the day would tire her out at night time, but no such luck for us! She falls right to sleep, but then has been waking up CRYING lately! UGH, so frustrating! Just when we thought we had an awesome routine going...she had other ideas I guess! So, last night she was up at like midnight until almost 2 am...totally ready to play! And then crying every time I put her back down or started to walk away! The Orajel did nothing! Then she woke up again at 5am CRYING (Daddy turned the hall light on b/c he thought the dog's pooped -- that's a whole other drama -- doh!). So then we were up 'til about 6:15am and of course my alarm was going to start buzzing at 7:15, but then I hit snooze about 4 times and rolled out of bed just in time to work -- no shower for me today! Ha ha! So, our little night time monster is back! Last night we tried everything (short of putting her in our bed b/c I do not want to do that anymore!!!) but nothing seemed to work. I even tried to let her cry for like 5 minutes but that just made her more upset! When I went in and got her after that I felt awful...she was crying so hard she had the 'post-crying-hiccups'...you know, where you're kind of like out of breath?? Ugh, not good. So, we rocked and she sort of fell asleep on my chest (facing me which is weird b/c she usually doesn't fall asleep like that) which was so cozy! So I ever so carefully laid her down and promptly her eyes popped open and she let out a cry and then finally zonked out! Geesh, what a long night! What happened to that little baby who slept 10 hours at 3 months old??!! So, I think I may make a trip to the library to see what I can learn about sleep issues b/c this is getting old! At least it's FRIDAY!! YAY!! Tomorrow we're having a little cookout before poker and that's about it for this weekend. Hopefully we can relax a little bit and get some sleep! :o)
1 comment:
Hey! What about laying Kaitlyn on her tummy in her crib? If she fell asleep tummy to tummy with you perhaps she would like that more. Gavin LOVES sleeping on his tummy now and we found that out after he fell asleep on our tummies I think. Just another thing to try!
Post a Comment