Sunday, July 20, 2008

Up On All Fours ~ All On Her Own!!!!!

What a busy weekend it's been and it's not even over with yet! Friday night Wayne and I grabbed some Chipotle (YUM) and went tile shopping. He got an awesome deal on this vanity for our bathroom, so we're kind of doing a little remodel project! Anyways, we can't put this nice, new vanity on our old floor, so we're getting new tile for our bathroom and we'll have to paint the walls too! Work work work! Saturday was a day full of projects and cleaning and I'm proud to say we got a lot accomplished! That always make ya feel good, you know? So it was a productive day for us...and for Kaitlyn too! She got up on her hands and knees -- all on her own!!! YAY KAITLYN!!! She was rocking back and forth and looked like she was going to crawl right away because she kept lifting her one hand off the floor! Then her knees would slip out from under her and back she scooted! She had been creeping backwards a little the last couple weeks, but now she's really moving! Hooray! Time to baby proof! She's also been standing for a lot longer while holding onto the pack-n-play! Last night I gave her some more banana puffs and she picked up a couple of them using her thumb and finger instead of fisting them!! That's pretty good!! That makes it so much easier for her to get them into her mouth too! So, she had quite the eventful day! Last night was also eventful -- do you know that it gets light outside around 5:30am? I do! Why is it that she decides to wake up right when we are going to sleep?! Babies must have a sensor for that or something! Ha! So, she slept from 9-11:30 and then was ready to play -- I think she wanted to practice getting up on all fours! Ha ha! So, I was up with her 'til like 1am and then Wayne took her downstairs and tried to sleep with her on the sofa so I could sleep upstairs. Well then at 5am he handed her off to me again, she fell asleep for about a half hour and then was up for the day! Are you kidding me?! Wayne said that he had her laying down in our bed and she sat up on her own! Way cool, but I'm bummed because I totally missed it! Anyways, we're all a little sleepy today! But we made it up in time for church again and then we had Kaitlyn's 8 month pictures taken!! What fun that was! She is so smiley and so darn cute, you just want to buy one of every picture, but no can do! So, we went easy on the wallet this time and just got a few poses. Well, the rest of the day is just a bunch of cleaning and grocerying and stuff like that. Back to work tomorrow -- boo!

No comments: