Friday, July 11, 2008

Laaaaa!

So last night we were coming home from Rite Aid and just as we pulled in the driveway we heard "Lllaaaaa" from the back seat! Both Wayne and I looked at each other and were like "That was a new sound!!" Kind of funny! I thought "Lllaaa" was one of the last sounds babies make, like it's a hard one or something, but she did it! Now if only she could master "Mama" and "Dada"! Last night I also gave her one of those Biter Biscuit things, but she wasn't too sure about it. She played with it at first and she liked it when I held it up to her mouth for her, but once it got all slimmy and gummed, she didn't want to hold it herself! Is my baby going to be a girly girl?! Ha ha! It's so neat how her personality is starting to show so much now. She is so social and such a little flirt! She seems to smile at everyone and sometimes she gets shy and turns away as she's smiling at them! I'm so thankful she'll go to anyone (so far) to be held or played with. She was passed around so much on our vacation and she didn't mind at all! Phew! Hopefully that trend will continue! This morning I heard her awake when my alarm went off and she's so happy in the mornings! Usually she's going "pppbbbsssttt" when she wakes up, but the last couple days it's changed to more of a "bbbrrrttt"...ha ha, that probably doesn't make much sense! It'd be so much easier to describe if she was saying words, but that'll come soon enough! I'm starting to realize that she is growing up fast enough and that it's ok if she's not the first to crawl, walk or talk among all my friends' babies. Last night I was rocking her to sleep and her legs are so long that she doesn't really fit in our rocking chair on my lap anymore! She's almost too big to cradle her in my arms and when I do, she squirms and kicks! Aww, I miss my little, tiny baby! Wayne had some pics of Kaitlyn on his cell phone from when she was first born and I was looking at them yesterday and I almost cried! Ah, motherhood has turned me into a sap! Ha ha! Anyways, my goal is to enjoy this time while she's still so young and not worry about when she'll crawl or talk or whatever. She'll get there soon enough...I might as well enjoy her now while she stays put and doesn't talk back to me yet! Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for her first "laaaa" sound!
I still think "bleh" is the best sound so far though!

Auntie Kelly