Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Grown-Up Date!!

Well, last night was fun!! Thanks to Kelly again for watching Kaitlyn last night so Wayne and I could have a little date! First we had a few errands to run...we picked up a cute baby book at the library that I had requested and then we stopped in JCP to check out the deals that Amanda had told me about. She got a bunch of stuff for like 97 cents an outfit, but no such luck for us! :o( There was a lot of boy clothes, but all the girl stuff was pretty picked over. But that's ok...I've been stocking up on clearance deals and she has quite a bit of clothes for the whole next year. Then we ran into Olan Mills to pick up Kaitlyn's pics...SHE is adorable in them, but I'm a little disappointed with how the actual photo's turned out. Two of them are like off center or cropped wrong or something...and another one has visible scratches on the background! UGH! So, I'm hoping that they can do something about that. I'm not normally one to complain about stuff like that, but we ordered 4 different prints and 3 out of the 4 of them don't look that great! So, we'll see what they can do. Anyways, then we went to Rosie's for dinner...yummmmy! Hot Mama Bread and Stromboli...it doesn't get any better than that! We had some good conversation...grown-up, adult conversation with out getting spit up on or anything! It was great! Then we kind of just drove around talking and site seeing...yeah, around Toledo, right? But Wayne took me to this awesome house out in Monclova that's for sale and we went in it and it is BEAUTIFUL!! It's actually a forclosure that is like a $500,000 house and the bank is asking like $350,000...still way out of our price range, but it was pretty! Don't get worried everybody...we're not planning on moving! We love our house...it's the PERFECT place to raise a family...we just like to look! Sometimes I think I should get my realtor license because I enjoy looking at houses so much. Anyways, we headed back home to pick up Kaitlyn. Kelly & Micah were walking her around our neighborhood with all the neighbor kids when we got home...so cute...they had McKenna with them too. She is two and lives down the street...I picked her up to feel what a 2 year old feels like and to my surprise she didn't feel that much heavier than Kaitlyn! But she does seem very tall! Anyways, she had a pretty exciting day yesterday...so much that she didn't want it to end...again! Darn, what is up with these late nights lately??!! Last night I think it was like 11:15 or so before she fell asleep! Geesh! But, at least she was in her own crib and not in our room. Sometimes I think maybe she's overtired and fights going to sleep. Who knows. But once she fell asleep, she slept all night again, so that's good. She's been trying to clap her hands together lately. She's been banging all her toys together for a while, but now she claps her hands...no actual 'clapping' noise though. Oh boy, I can't wait 'til she waves 'good-bye' and blows kisses! How fun!! Ok, this is plenty long enough! Sorry!

No comments: