Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Little Backwards Crawler!!!

Wow, I know babies learn fast, but this is just nuts! Just a couple days ago Kaitlyn was trying to get up on all fours and now she's up and rocking and trying to crawl! She's still in reverse mode going backwards, but now it's more of a backwards crawl instead of scooching herself backwards with her arms. She is definitely trying to lift her knees and hands and most the time she ends up in a push up position! Too funny! She keeps lifting her right hand off and holding it up in the air -- it totally looks like she's doing yoga because she does that while up in a push up postion (for you yogi's, that's called a plank pose!) Ha ha ha!! It was so hard to come to work today because she was really going to town at it this morning! Now I can hear Aunt Ruth up there with her saying "come on, you can do it", etc!! Urgh, I wanna go up and watch her all day long!! Boo for work!! I should have married a rich guy! Ha ha, totally just kidding! :o) So, that totally made my day! We tried the sippy cup again today, but she thinks it's a teething toy rather than something to drink out of -- I think I need to buy one that's more similar to a bottle nipple at first because she is just not interested in the sippy cup! Well, last night was much better than the night before. Kaitlyn went to bed around 10pm (later bedtimes with Daddy -- ugh!) and then woke up at 11:30 again -- yup, right as we're going to sleep -- did I mention she has a sensor for that?! But once we got her back to sleep (around 11:45 or so) then she was out for the rest of the night -- phew! And then ready to play this morning at 7:45! So, she only got like 9 hours or so total, but at least she wasn't up a lot! I have heard that many babies don't sleep great around this age because they are discovering their world and they don't want to rest! I guess that's what she's doing then! Well, check shutterfly for some new pics!!

No comments: