Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Feeding Frustration!

Ok...I realize I am blessed with a wonderfully behaved easy going baby...BUT (You saw that BUT coming, didn't ya?)...HOW DO I GET HER TO FEED HERSELF?!?!?!?! I feel like I have tried everything but she won't do it herself...she wants Mommy to do it for her! She will feed herself zwieback toast, biter biscuits and she'll use her self feeder mesh bag...but that's it. She'll pick up cheerios or Gerber puffs and bang them together like blocks...but she has no interest in putting them in her mouth. I've tried little pieces of veggies and fruit...no luck. I've tried scrambled egg pieces...nope...pieces of crackers or bread or tortilla...no go either. Today I thought for sure she'd feed herself the grilled cheese I made...NO...UGH! Come on baby, feed yourself! Why won't she do it?! Sometimes I wonder if maybe she's just not that hungry yet...do I push her to the point of hunger so maybe she'll feed herself?! Is that a little mean? Should I just quit feeding her all together and make her do it on her own...give her the spoon and bowl and let her cover herself in it and hope that some makes it into her mouth?! What a mess that'd be! Or do I quit trying all together for a while and then see if she'll do it in a few weeks? I feel like she knows how to do this stuff, she just wants us to do it for her...she's almost TOO content! Same goes for cruising and crawling...she can cruise and she does it well when she wants to...but most the time she prefers to drop to her knees and crawl to get whatever we're luring her with! Hhmmm...never in a million years did I think I'd be whining about my 'too content' baby! Ha ha! I know, I know...babies do their own thing in their own time...but geesh...I just want her to feed herself! What else can I try?????? Ok, enough complaining. :o)

No comments: