Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cedar Point Fun!

Whew, what a weekend! Did you all hear that Ohio State won and Michigan lost?! :o) He he! Well, Sunday we were off to Cedar Point with Kelly & Micah and we were brave and took Kaitlyn with us! We all had a great time, the weather was beautiful (A little hot, but at least it didn't rain as it usually does at Cedar Point, right?) and Kaitlyn behaved very well! Phew! Wayne isn't too into coasters so he took Kaitlyn so the rest of us could ride some big rides! Wahoo! That new Maverick is AWESOME!! It's so jam packed you get off it and are like 'What just happened?'...it's one of those rides you have to go on a few times to really 'get' it! Very fun! We totally indulged in all the yummy-but-very-bad-for-you-food there too...custard, ice cream, funnel cake, nachos, etc...thank goodness we packed a few sandwiches and pops from home so we saved a few bucks anyways. And I was happy that Kaitlyn's homemade food cubes made it through the day without going bad too! Hooray! We were disappointed that Kaitlyn wasn't allowed to ride the Eh Eh Cars...you know...the little kiddie cars that go eh eh eh when they honk the horns?? Anyways, she had to be able to walk to them on her own in order to ride them...doh! Next year! But she did get to go on the Ferry, the Train, the Carousel and the Antique Cars and she liked all of those. She had the most fun just watching all the people and rides though. I'm impressed with how good her vision is now...she would follow a roller coaster until it'd disappear out of site and she'd look for it and move her head around so she could find it again, then it'd reappear and she'd follow it some more! Very good! Towards the evening, it was super hot so we stripped her down to just a diaper and let her cool off on some grass in the shade...she loved the grass and had herself (and Daddy and the blanket they were sitting on) covered in it! There was even grass in her diaper! By the end of the day, Kaitlyn had only napped a total of 40 minutes, so I was impressed that she fell right to sleep (and stayed asleep) when we got in the car. She was exhausted...as were the rest of us! But it was a very fun day and probably the start of a yearly tradition!
It was a good thing we had Monday off for Labor Day because we were all very tired and I was sore from the rides! I must be getting old because I don't remember being sore before! So Monday was a VERY LAZY day for us...mostly just laying around and doing a little house work. I did do a little shopping...Target for the usual stuff, TJMaxx for a cool basket for some of Kaitlyn's toys and Babies R Us for some more safety stuff, another baby gate, new pj's, a shirt to match some pants I had bought a while back (Clearance stuff was an extra 30% off!), a suction bowl, wipes, etc. It's always a good time shopping! :o)

Kaitlyn news: She totally bonked her head on her play table yesterday...she was standing at it, trying to figure out how to get down to her knees and CRACK, down she went, then WWWAAAAHHHHH! She was crying so hard...doing the crying hiccup things...poor thing...she even has a bruise on the side of her eye from it! And we're 99.9% sure she's getting a tooth...finally! If this isn't the real deal, I'm going to buy her some baby dentures! The drool has intensified a bunch (which we thought was impossible) and she has a definite bump and a white/yellowish spot on her gum! Her cute gummy smile will soon be gone I think! :o)

No comments: