Ha ha...couldn't think of a more appropriate title for today! Once you're a mom you have a free pass to talk about gross stuff like poop, spit up, snot and you even encourage burping! Anyways, Kaitlyn is STILL having pooping issues! She woke up in poo this morning, had a second messy diaper just after breakfast and then just had three in a row after lunch...geesh...will it ever end?! I hate to say it...but my daughter is full of...well, you know! :o) The good news is that she's not acting like she feels bad. She's been happy and playing today and she still doesn't have a temp...good, but weird! Her bum rash is a little better too so that's good.
Updates, let's see...she's getting better at doing SO BIG...she likes to do it in her high chair. And she's getting even speedier going up the stairs...we'll let her climb them if we're going up with her anyways. On the food front...she loves fruits and veggies...meat, not so much! I'm not sure if it's the actual meat that she doesn't like or the fact that it's Gerber jar meat...she's only really had homemade baby food thus far, so maybe jarred food tastes bad to her?? We've tried both chicken and turkey...plain, mixed with all kinds of fruits and veggies, cool, warm, you name it...now I'm to the point where I give her fruit or veggies for dinner and try to sneak in a little teeny tiny spoonful of meat, but she is too smart and knows it's in there and still won't eat it! UGH! So...I think I may try making some of my own meat for baby soon and see if she likes that better. Otherwise, we may have a vegetarian baby! At least she likes eggs/dairy so far! She's getting a little better with feeding herself...she'll do zwiback toast, biter biscuits, these little Gerber wheel puff things...but still not anything small...she still picks her cheerios up and bangs them together like they are blocks! And she's doing better with the sippy cup too...I think she just needs practice drinking a 'faster moving' liquid! It just comes out way quicker than her bottles, so she's not used to swallowing as quickly I think...so it dribbles down her chin and onto her clothes (Of course...we finally get the spit up under control, but now the milk is hitting the clothes BEFORE it even hits her mouth!). Ok, I think that's about it for now...we're happy it's almost the weekend again! :o)
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey - Gavin's always been a good eater but you know what he really loves now? That Root's shredded chicken. I had some and gave him a taste and he LOVES it. I put it on his tray and he ends up covered from head to toe in chicken. I gave him chicken from my salad at a restaurant last night too. So perhaps she'll like the "real" stuff more.
Post a Comment