WARNING: gross details follow! So, yesterday Kaitlyn tried cottage cheese for the first time along with some prunes. Ruth said she was gassy all day long and she pooped right before she left for the day. Around 7:30 Wayne yells downstairs to me that Kaitlyn had a seriously stinky diaper so I went up to help change her (diaper changing = wrestling match and is a two person job these days). Well, little Kaitlyn had a BLOWOUT...her first in a very long time! It's amazing to me how much poo can come out of such a little girl! It was all over her diaper, up her back, down her leg, on her onsie, her pants, you name it! ICK! So we got her all cleaned up and put her jammies on...I go back to work and about a half hour goes by and he yells down to me again...am I ready for round 2?! WHAT?! So, more nasty runny poo, but at least it wasn't a blowout this time! So she falls asleep on him after her bottle (Daddy is bad about letter her do this because he likes it) and I come up to see how it's going and he said she pooped yet again but he doesn't want to wake her to change her! DUH MAN! We can't leave her in it! So I get her up, change ANOTHER runny poopy diaper and try to put her to bed...well that lasted about 10 minutes and she was up crying and tooting some more! Geesh! We finally got her to sleep around 10:30 or so I think. Then she was back up around 5am crying so I went in and could tell she had ANOTHER poopy diaper! Poor kid! This is when I noticed that her bum was seriously red with bum rash! She was screaming in pain so bad it made me cry! :o( She even had the shakes you get from crying so hard! We finally got her back to sleep, but it was a rough night! This morning she had at least 3 or 4 (I lost count) runny poopy diapers before Aunt Ruth even got here! Poor kid. Every time we change her she screams bloody murder! I took her temp. and she doesn't really have one...99.1. I called the ped. and they said to just keep an eye on her temp. and keep getting fluids down her. So that's it...I have to figure out how to sooth a hurting screaming bum rashy poopy baby! :o( I was actually a little relieved to start work today so I wouldn't have to change (hurt) her anymore today!
On an up note...she did the cutest thing when we were eating lunch!! I didn't even try doing SO BIG with her at all today since she's been feeling crummy, but at lunch out of the blue she lifted her arms up over her head and looked at me...I was like what are you doing?! And then it hit me...SO BIG!! YAY!! So that made my day! :o) Hopefully my little girl will be back to her happy self soon!!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So do you think it's the cottage cheese or the prunes or both?
Post a Comment