Woohoo! Wayne and I got a babysitter last night! We wanted to go play volleyball - it just started back up for the fall. It was fun, but geeeeeez am I outta shape! I think this was only my 3rd time playing since having the baby - interesting how my body doesn't move like it used to! Ha! I think that's more from lack of exercise than having the baby though - I mean, the lack of exercise is because we have a baby and there is no time - not from actually having the baby! Anyways, it was fun to see our volleyball friends and have a night away from the baby. When we got home it was a little past bedtime for her so I rushed back into mommy duty! Kaitlyn had different ideas about going to sleep though - ugh! She kept standing up, pounding on her crib - kind of funny to watch on the monitor, but not when you want to go to sleep yourself! She finally fell asleep around 10:15 ish (super late!) and then woke up again around 1 something! UGH! So I was up with her for a half hour or so and then I called Daddy in to work his magic - Kaitlyn has really gotten attached to Daddy at bedtime lately - which is cute, but not good because I think she's getting used to falling asleep with him maybe! UGH! I put her down in her crib to fall asleep (which usually works) but then lately she's been waking up in the middle of the night and only he can get her back to sleep! :o( Mommy is chopped liver at bedtime these days!
In other news - Kaitlyn is starting to really enjoy her push toy! She gets a big smile on her face when she walks to us with it! So cute! I can't believe she is so close to walking - I figured that'd be around her 1st birthday, but it looks like it may be sooner! Oh boy! Here's a picture of Kaitlyn with her push toy - on the hardwood, none the less - it moves much faster than on the carpet!

No comments:
Post a Comment