Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy 10 Month Birthday to Kaitlyn...Yesterday!!!

Wow...10 months old already! I swear I just wrote about her turning 9 months old! It is insane how fast time is flying by! I better start making some decisions about that all important 1st birthday party!! Kaitlyn and I had a fun day yesterday...Aunt Ruth (who watches Kaitlyn) couldn't come over because her daughter was sick, so I took most of the day off work so I could stay with Kaitlyn since Wayne had work to do. So it was fun to have a day off when I wasn't sick and I could enjoy being off! It was so nice to spend some extra time with Kaitlyn that I don't normally get during the week! She figured out how to walk behind her push toy...I was impressed because up until a few days ago she didn't want anything to do with it! So that was exciting! Sometimes it still goes a little too fast for her and so she sort of runs behind it to keep up...a little out of control, but very funny! And she even did ok on the linoleum in the kitchen! Yay Kaitlyn!! Hopefully, she'll learn to like this walking stuff and will want to do it more instead of being happy crawling every where! I think we solved the meat problem too...she has not been too fond of meat, but she'll eat it now...the secret is to make it pretty warm and mix it with plenty of other yummy stuff! Ha ha! So I think she's starting to aquire a taste for it...this is the first food that she really hasn't liked much, but I think it's growing on her!

So last night a bunch of us met at Texas Roadhouse to celebrate Amanda's birthday. It was a surprise, but she was on to us a little bit! Darn! But we had a fun time. Kaitlyn's boyfriend Gavin was there and another little girl friend Eden...all the babies had a fun time and so did the adults! Kaitlyn was going on only a little sleep for the afternoon...her only nap was the 15 minutes in the car on the way to the restaurant...we got her out of the car and onto my shoulder and she was still asleep...phew...but once we entered the restaurant the staff started clapping for someone's birthday and that woke her right up! Darn! But she was happy and playing and she kept biting Wayne's shoulder, which was really funny. She's got to be doing some serious teething lately because she has really been chewing on everything! She started getting fussy and then she grabbed my glass of pop and knocked it over! Doh, Coke was everywhere, including on our camera! Oooopsy! When our food finally came I gave Kaitlyn a little of my egg yolk from my salad and she liked that (she usually has it scrambled, so hard boiled was new to her). She really started getting fussy toward the end of the night...she must not like Texas Roadhouse because the two times she's been there, she's turned into a little monster! But she was just so tired! She was almost asleep by the time we got home so I quickly changed her and gave her a bottle and she was off to sleepy land...all night long! YAY! Here's a pic of Kaitlyn using Daddy as a chew toy! Check out the Shutterfly site for some more new pics!

No comments: