Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sleep?? Why Bother?!?!

Little Miss Kaitlyn doesn't think she needs to sleep anymore! She's really been fighting naps lately...she's been taking two hour-ish naps a day for the last 5 months probably. The last couple of weeks she's decided that she doesn't need to nap and if she does, it's just for a short time. So the last four days she's taken a late morning nap (usually she naps around 10:30 but lately it's been more like noon) for maybe an hour (if that) and then she's so exhausted by dinner time that she falls asleep sitting up in her high chair at the end of dinner! She's done this the last several days...it's so cute because she's sleeping but she thinks she's still eating so her little mouth/tongue are still going! Ha ha! I wish she'd just take a nap though...like a good 2 hour nap or something in the middle of the day. And she's fighting it at night time again too. I'll lay her down and with in a few minutes she's back up yelling/babbling/etc. So then I'll rock her some more and when I put her down the second time she usually stays down...but then this morning she woke up around 4ish or something! Ick...I do not like to get up that early! I'm pretty sure she's working on another tooth right now...she's had a slight fever and runny nose the last couple of days...hopefully that's from the teething and not a cold! I just hope she's a happy/healthy baby by the weekend because we're going to Urbana (where I went to college) for our annual Homecoming Alumni Volleyball Game...and then we're off to my Mom's for the rest of the weekend. I need a happy baby to travel with! :o)

No comments: