Monday, September 15, 2008

Stand Up Sit Down Fight Fight Fight!

Well, where do I start?! Saturday was a pretty boring day...we just hung out around the house and relaxed. We had an OSU football party to go to Saturday night, so we dolled Kaitlyn up in her cheerleader outfit again. She was the star of the party, entertaining everyone with her raspberries, her screeches and she chased their little dog all over the house! Too funny! Well, Kaitlyn and I left early so I could put her to bed while Wayne stayed for the rest of the game and some poker. As you know, the football game didn't turn out so great...UGH! But we had fun at the party anyways!

Sunday morning we went to church at the Perrysburg campus and that was fun...very big! Then we checked out the new Bass Pro Shop and headed to Cracker Barrell for lunch...yum! What an event that was though...they squeezed us at a 4 person table (there were 4 of us + baby), which would have been fine, except that the tables were so close together! We had to butt our table up to this other table where some older ladies were sitting! It felt like we were part of their lunch party! Ha ha! Anyways, they bring out the high chair for Kaitlyn and it was super old and wooden and like an old fashioned high chair (so the high chair floppy seat cover won't fit it)...and it had all the years of stickyness on it too! I was totally grossed out! Don't they EVER wipe those chairs off? ICK!! So, Wayne wiped it down with a couple baby wipes (I bet that chair was the cleanest it's been in years) and we buckled Kaitlyn in. Thank goodness it was a bath night! Well, once in her chair, she let out a bunch of screeches (which she has been doing a TON of lately)! And of course, all the restaurant goers looked and I wanted to hide under my chair! At least the ladies next to us thought it was funny instead of getting annoyed by it! Phew! So, we went about our meal and it was yummy! I only had 2 sides because my tummy STILL wasn't feeling great, but they were both very good! The rest of the day we stayed home and played with Kaitlyn. She is seriously all over the place...she'll be standing next to you at the couch, you turn your head for like a second, and next thing you know she's in the dog bowls in the kitchen or going up the stairs! She is really getting efficient in pulling up to standing and sitting back down now too...all the time...stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down, etc! She'll stand/sit over and over at the same toy...like she can't decide if she wants to sit or stand!


We had another little adventure this morning at the grocery store. I'm going about my business shopping and Kaitlyn is screeching (yet again) so I'm trying to shush her and then this older guy walks up...picture this: he's about 60 years old, has a gray beard about a foot long, the 5 or so teeth that he had were all rotten and crooked (seriously!), he smelt like a cigarette and body odor...ick. And do you know what he talked to me about? HEALTH!! Ha ha...of all things! First he said something about all this baby formula that was recalled in China or something and people were dying (I dunno) and then he talked about how nursery water had fluoride added and how he thinks that's just crazy because fluoride is a main ingredient in prozac or something! Ha ha! He kept going on about wholistic health, blah blah blah. What a weirdo! So then the rest of the grocery trip I kept trying to avoid this guy because he kept wanting to talk to me about a bunch of weird things! CREEEEPY!


Well, I think that's about it. Kaitlyn has a little tiny cold I think...just a runny nose, but that's it. She's not really fussy or anything, so that's good. She learned to do SO BIG this weekend, which is funny because her boyfriend Gavin did too! But I say "How big is Kaitlyn?" And then I say "SO BIG!!" and she puts her arms over her head! SO CUTE!! She isn't a pro yet...but she does it sometimes! Then she always claps...she's even been clapping when she's having a temper tantrum too...I'll put her on the changing table to change her diaper (AKA: a wrestling match) and put her jammies on before bed and she'll cry and clap her hands out of frustration! Ha ha! OH!! And I had a VERY exciting moment yesterday!! Kaitlyn said MOMMA!! HOORAY! I'm not sure if she knew it was me, but I was playing behind her and she said "mommmaa"!! So, now she's making lots of mamama sounds today! So sweet to hear Momma though!! Ok, here is a picture of Kaitlyn's 1st tooth...well, sliver of tooth! It amazes me how long it takes for it to be a whole tooth! Look very close!! :o)

No comments: