Monday, August 25, 2008

9 Month Check Up!

This morning we had Kaitlyn's 9 month well-check and it went great! Her pediatrician is very happy with how she's progressing and was very impressed that she STILL hasn't been sick! She now weighs 18 pounds 10 ounces and is 28 1/2 inches long! She is a tall little girl (75th %)! We were pretty much given the 'go-ahead' with foods, once we try a couple of meats! Hooray! I told the ped. I was concerned that she's not finger feeding herself yet, but she said that's fine. The key is that she picks the food up on her own...she just has to get them to her mouth now! It sounds like we've been doing too much for her...so she told us to 'make' her do it on her own...well, how are we supposed to do that?! Same thing with the sippy cup...she can hold it and her bottle on her own...she just doesn't like to drink from a sippy spout! So, we'll keep trying! The best part of her appointment was that she didn't have to get shots! YAY! Just when I thought we'd be able to escape the peds. office cry-free, she bonks her head on the wall and starts screaming! DOH! So, now I look like the bad Mom who's kid gets hurt all the time! :o( Anyways, I put some new pictures on Shutterfly from our busy weekend. This coming weekend is going to be nuts too...I just want a weekend where we can stay home and relax!

No comments: