Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hooray For Da Da!!

Yay for Daddy!!!!! Last night was my late night for work so Wayne put Kaitlyn to bed...which has always been somewhat of a struggle...but last night she was sleeping by 8:30!!!!! Wahoo! That was so wonderful...I got off work and got to play some Rock Band for a little while...I haven't played in forever, so that was fun! Then we hit the sack...zzzzzz...I woke up around 8:15 this morning when I heard Kaitlyn for the first time...so she slept almost 12 hours last night! UNREAL! Maybe all this crawling is wearing her out! So I went into get her and she was sitting up banging on the crib rails like "Let me out of this baby jail!" She kept saying da da, ba ba, da ga, etc...she seems to be 'talking' a lot more lately...if only she would say ma ma!!! I want to hear those words so badly!! For now, she calls everything da da or ba ba though! I think her first word will be dog though...she's awfully close to saying that now and everytime she looks at the dogs she says 'da'. Anyways, we had a nice morning together. I was trying to get some cleaning done and make her some baby food, but it was nearly impossible with her crawling all over the place! Let the chase begin! Finally I put her in the Exersaucer for a little while so I could get something done! I had thought about converting it to the standing toy table thingy a few days ago (thanks to Amanda who reminded me it did that!) but now I'm thinking that's like our only place to put her where we know she's 'contained'...well, the pack-n-play too I guess, but she's not thrilled about being in that baby jail either! Anyways, she tried Mango's this morning and liked them, but she kept getting a sour face...too funny. Today Uncle Chris is watching Kaitlyn...thanks! Aunt Ruth is out of the hospital and we think she'll be back tomorrow, but we're not sure! We are happy she is ok though! Grandma Maloch did a fantastic job watching Kaitlyn yesterday...she even folded our laundry and did some dishes!!! Thanks Grandma...you're hired! He he!

No comments: