Monday, August 18, 2008

A Messy But Fun Weekend!

Before I get to the weekend update, I have to celebrate my ebay purchase! I won the OSU little cheerleader outfit for Kaitlyn Friday night...the price went up some, but I still got it for much cheaper than at the store! Hooray!


So, Grandma Maloch came for a visit Friday night. She got there early enough to visit with Kaitlyn before she had to go to bed. Grandma was very impressed by Kaitlyn's crawling and clapping and, of course, she thinks Kaitlyn is the cutest little baby there ever was!


Saturday morning we met some Mom's from my work at the Toledo Zoo...Kaitlyn's 3rd trip there and she enjoys it more and more every time we go! There were 4 babies in strollers and another 3 little kids who walked plus all the Mommy's! It was a ZOO...ha ha! Two of the babies are Kaitlyn's age...one is a week older and the other one 4 weeks older...they are both super cute and doing the same things as Kaitlyn...they were impressed by her strong raspberry blowing! So that was a fun time! Then my Mom and I headed over to her friend's house, who we haven't seen in a few years. She was thrilled to meet Kaitlyn! She even had some old wood blocks there that I played with when I was little! She didn't nap much at all at the zoo, so she was starting to get fussy...and we still had to stop at Anderson's for food! But we made it! Once we got home, Kaitlyn turned on her new "exploratory mode" and was roaming about the house...she entered the kitchen for the first time (until now she always stopped at the harder floor and went back into the living room). Well, upon entering the kitchen she saw these shiny bowls on the floor and had to see what they were all about...splash splash splash she went...in the dogs water bowl! It was a riot! She was totally soaked with in a few minutes! The dogs and the cat had to come check out what was going on too. She had a grand time playing...then I promptly put her in the bath tub!


Sunday morning it was off to church and then it was our turn to host Kelly & Micah for lunch so we grilled shish-ka-bobs...mmm! They were pretty tasty! Then it was time for another fun mess...Wayne's Dad kept bugging me about giving Kaitlyn an orange push up, so I finally gave in (I just wanted her to try a few veggies first, before getting hooked on sweets). We stripped her down to just a diaper, put her outside in her high chair and let her go to town on it...and wow, did she enjoy it! She was pretty well covered in sticky orange push up, but the dogs both enjoyed licking it off of her! Ha ha! Then I put her in her swimming pool and gave her a quick bath! Then my Mom's friend Stacie came over with her family. She has a little boy named Logan who is 2 years old and he and Kaitlyn had a fun time playing together. I keep thinking about how much Kaitlyn is learning and then to see a 2 year old just blows my mind...they are so smart! Walking, talking, really playing with toys, etc...what a fun year we have ahead of us!

Well, Ruth (Wayne's sister AKA our babysitter) is in the hospital with some heart issues...keep your fingers crossed that she is ok! My mom decided to stay an extra day so she could watch Kaitlyn today while Wayne & I work...THANKS MOM/GRANDMA!! We truely appreciate it!! We didn't have to twist her arm very much to stay with Kaitlyn though...she's really enjoying her. Just since she's been here this weekend she noticed how much Kaitlyn has improved with her crawling...Friday she was getting around pretty well, but today she is zooming everywhere! She definitely is a pro at crawling now! She is drawn to our TV stand so like every minute we are pulling her away from it and telling her NO! Maybe she'll understand one day! So, that's the update...sorry it's another novel...I really need to get on here mid-weekend so Monday's post isn't so long! Enjoy LOTS of new pics on the Shutterfly site!

No comments: