Have I ever mentioned just how darn cute Kaitlyn is??!! :o) She is learning so many things so fast it seems like! She's really been banging everything together in her hands...hard toys, stuffed animal, cheerios...you name it! Now she discovered that she can clap her hands together and make clapping noises!! It's so cute!! She'll clap for a minute...then stop and look at her hands like "Is that noise coming from me?" Then she'll go back to clapping again. The crawling is coming along too. She'll crawl forward for a couple 'steps' and then sit up (like she needs a little rest or something) and then crawl a few 'steps' more. This morning she'd crawl a little bit, sit up, clap and then go back to crawling a little bit! She hasn't really taken off yet, but she's definitely getting around now! She's getting a little more comfortable standing up now too. She was standing next to her Exersaucer and she took her hands off for a second...she got the most scared look on her face when she realized what she was doing and then reached to grab back on again! Ha ha! Oh, and she tried prunes for the first time this weekend...she likes them, but boy do they make her poo stink! And it was nice and smeary too...all the way up her back! Ugh!
So our weekend was busy. Saturday the carpet cleaning went well...yay, our carpet doesn't smell like dog anymore!! Wahoo! We still have some things to do, but the house is mostly back together from that. Now we are implementing a new SHOES OFF AT THE DOOR rule...we'll see how long that lasts. But it's nice to know that Kaitlyn is crawling around on clean(er) carpets, anyways. We ended up having poker Saturday night and I'm proud to say I got 2nd, so I won 20 bucks! Yay me! Sunday we went to church and dropped Kaitlyn off in the nursery again...they said she did great...she was awake for the first 30 minutes and then napped for another 30 minutes. Then it was off to Tiffin for Wayne's Mom's b-day party. The community has an inground pool so we took Kaitlyn swimming...I was nervous because I thought the water was cold and there were like 30 kids in the pool already...but she did great! The kids were really splashing and water was getting in her face and she didn't mind! Phew! So that was fun, but a long day...we got home in the evening and it was rush rush rush to get dinner, Kaitlyn a bath and to bed, etc. Good news though...she was asleep by 8:30pm!! That is a new record! Ha ha! She's been sleeping much better the last 4-5 nights, so hopefully we're past this not wanting to sleep thing. Anyways, I tried working on her scrapbook last night, but then got some phone calls and then wanted a snack, so scrapbooking was short-lived...I'm never going to have time to put all her photos away! Maybe that's my fault for taking so many! LOL!! I'll put a few new ones on the Shutterfly site too! :o)
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment