Funny thing happened yesterday...Kaitlyn tried cantaloupe (am I spelling that right...it looks weird???) for lunch. We put it in her self feeder and she was sucking/gumming away on it...hooray, she likes it! I had to get back to work, so I go downstairs and a few minutes later Aunt Ruth calls down and says "You'll never guess what the dog did" and I say "What?" and she said that Summer (the black lab) came right up to Kaitlyn, snagged her self feeder and took it into the living room and was eating her cantaloupe! Doh! I think our dogs are going to put some weight on in the next few years (as if they are fat enough already)...they already know where to wait for falling cheerios...now they get pieces of fruit too! Too funny!
Last night we made our annual trip to the Rib Off. It's always the weekend of our anniversary (August 9th) and since we're going out of town this weekend, we had to go last night. So we dropped a bum load of cash and got some yummy ribs...Wayne even let Kaitlyn try a lick of rib sauce and she loved it! Bo Bice (from American Idol) was there last night and the music was sooooo super loud, but Kaitlyn enjoyed it. She was dancing/rocking to the music in her stroller...so cute! Then it got super windy and dark clouds rolled in which literally sent everyone running for their cars. I swear, it felt like we were in a movie or something...you know, like we were all being chased by King Kong or something! Ha ha!
Time for a sleep update: Kaitlyn has been doing really well the last few nights. She's back to sleeping through the night a good 10 hours or so...phew!! She's still fussing when we put her down, but she's getting better it seems. Hopefully the excitement of learning to crawl and stand up will wear off soon so she can get to sleep better! I also think she is still a little hungry after her bedtime bottle, so we're going to add a lunch time meal in and see if that helps. She's been really clingy lately too...like really throwing a fit if we set her down. This little girl is in charge of us and she knows it I think! Uh oh!
Well, we have a busy few days ahead of us. Tonight we have to get everything packed and get to bed early...we're going to try to leave around 4am to head to Mackinaw...yup, 4am...blah! Hopefully, Kaitlyn will fall right back to sleep in the car for a few hours. Then we're meeting my Dad, Martha and my uncle up there at 11am...yay, we can't wait!! Happy Weekend everyone!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment