Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy 9 Month Birthday To Kaitlyn!!

WOW! Can you believe that Kaitlyn is 9 months old already?! I can't! You know what that means?? Only 2 months to plan her 1st birthday party and then it's time to send out the invites!! :o) I can't wait!

This has been a pretty busy weekend, as usual! Friday night we had girls night at our house...just pizza and a movie. Wayne put Kaitlyn to bed so I could enjoy the movie with the girls. We had a fun time and it was so nice not to have to worry about Kaitlyn at all!

Saturday Kaitlyn and I went to this Baby Sale at St. Luke's, but we didn't find anything. Then I met this lady from craigslist.com to pick up an activity table for Kaitlyn. It's Leap Frog and she was asking $8 but I got it for $6! Normally, it's like a $50 toy! Kaitlyn loves it, but I don't think it's worth $50 so I'm glad I got a deal on it! The point of the toy is to keep the baby standing up, playing with the musical instruments on top and teaching them to cruise around it to get to the other toys...well...Kaitlyn can reach all the way across the thing, so she's not really cruising around it! Doh! She'll practically lay herself across the toy trying to get to the buttons on the other side of it! Too funny! Anyways, then Lara and Kristal came over and little Christian came too! He is 4 months old and only like 4-5 pounds less than Kaitlyn! He's getting to be a big boy...and of course, like every other baby, he has way more hair than Kaitlyn too! Geesh, what's up with all these boys having tons of hair and my little girl being so bald?! Anyways, we had a fun visit and the babies were so cute together. Christian was on the floor and Kaitlyn crawled right over to him and starting touching his face (again, I had to make sure she didn't poke any eyes out). Then he was in his walker and Kaitlyn went over and got right in front of him and was playing with his toys on the walker...then she started blowing raspberries all over him! Oopsy! But we had a fun time and it was so good to catch up with them since we hadn't gotten together in a while!

This morning was church and when we went to pick Kaitlyn up from the nursery we got such a good compliment! The woman there said Kaitlyn was such a good baby and so very happy! We always thought so, but it's nice to hear other's say it! :o) After church we had a picnic at Oak Openings Park. That was fun, but very hot! Wayne was playing corn hole most of the time so I got to entertain Kaitlyn. She was just exhausted part way through, so she fell asleep on my shoulder...she's been doing this more and more lately and I just love it! She snuggles right up under your ear and hugs you and it's the best feeling! It's like she's expressing how much she loves us too! Very sweet! Then we headed over to Kelly & Micah's to play some Rock Band, which is always a good time! Kaitlyn was really hamming it up...bouncing her little tush and dancing to the music. And she loved the colorful screen too! The best part is that their sofa is much lower than ours, so Kaitlyn had a much easier time holding onto it than she does our sofa. Kelly and I were luring her from one end of the sofa to the other with colorful, shiny pizza coupons! Ha ha! So, she's starting to get the idea of cruising...she'll take a few steps, but then decides that crawling is much more efficient and takes off that way instead! Anyways, it was such a fun weekend. I love spending time with her...it's a shame we have to go back to work tomorrow! BLAH!

No comments: